Heads up for fraudster

Old July 21st 04, 03:58 PM
Michael Salem

Dave wrote:

"DME" wrote in message
Recent fraud attempt - Not isolated so check your records:

snip.........
how mature....NOT

& many other messages.

Most of this thread seems completely stupid.

Someone is criticising Daryl for warning against a fraudster and
publishing details -- he might get in trouble. Someone else saying
(presumably as criticism) that he has done it several times before.
Presumably he knows what he's doing, particularly if he's done it
before. And it's his responsibility -- what he posted doesn't harm
anyone who's posted in this thread. It may harm the named person, but
let him speak, or sue, for himself if needs be.

If you think Daryl might get himself into trouble, a private warning
email might be appropriate. Looking at the wording and style of the
message, I wouldn't expect such a warning to be necessary.

Daryl is warning against a name and address that he alleges is used for
fraud, in the same way as shopkeepers spread the word for mutual benefit
when shoplifters are around. If I were selling anything, I would be most
grateful for this information, and its later availability in a Google
Groups search.

My reason for posting is to encourage publication of such warnings
(carefully worded, and in accordance with the facts), rather than
discourage posting by the expectation of a mass of flames.

Best wishes,
--
Michael Salem
Old July 21st 04, 04:00 PM
g 0 0 s e

"DME" wrote in message
Recent fraud attempt - Not isolated so check your records:

Thanks for the heads up

Did you send any gear to him? If you did, hope you get it back!

Old July 21st 04, 04:11 PM
Paul-B - the original and the best!

DME posted:

"Paul-B - the original and the best!" wrote:

DME posted:

Recent fraud attempt - Not isolated so check your records:

snip

Bloody-hell, Daryl, you've put yourself out on a limb, haven't you?
Until the bloke is convicted of fraud your publishing his full name
and address plus his 'phone number could lead to him being
harrassed, which could bounce back on you.

I'd cancel your post, if I were you, at least try to limit the
damage.

It's false Paul - I'm not completely stupid.

Regards.

Ah, OK. Now I see.

Thanks, Daryl.

--
Paul-B

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

Reply to address is spam-trap. Use paul at streetka dot biz if you
really must!
Old July 21st 04, 04:13 PM
Paul-B - the original and the best!

Michael Salem posted:

My reason for posting is to encourage publication of such warnings
(carefully worded, and in accordance with the facts), rather than
discourage posting by the expectation of a mass of flames.

Sorry about that, Michael. I read Daryl's original post to show a
*real* name and address.

Wrong end of the stick, as usual :-(

At least my post wasn't a flame...

Old July 21st 04, 04:24 PM
DME

"g 0 0 s e" wrote:

"DME" wrote in message
.. .
Recent fraud attempt - Not isolated so check your records:

Thanks for the heads up

Did you send any gear to him? If you did, hope you get it back!

Hi.

Thanks to you, Mike and Malev.

No - It was pretty apparent by the other details we had that the
transaction was going to charged back. The Name, Email account, False
telephone number, electoral search, etc. Also another surname was used - I
didn't post it as it's more than likely the proper card holders name.

As far as I'm concerned it's a legitimate thing to do - post details that
are relevant to a transaction that failed because funds were used
fraudulently. Other retailers can search the last few days to make sure
they haven't shipped to that postcode, surname, email address, etc.

As for being called arrogant .... Most people who have been called arrogant
here are long standing regulars who I have the upmost respect for - I'm
quite happy to be arrogant if that's what it takes to get on.

Thanks also to Paul B. This may not be an issue that we are going to agree
on but at least I get an adult conversation.

Best regards.
--
DME Computing Solutions

Laptops: www.dme.co.uk
CD & DVD Duplicators: www.smartcopy.co.uk
Old July 21st 04, 04:50 PM
Niel Humphreys

"DME" wrote in message
"g 0 0 s e" wrote:

"DME" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

The 'great unwashed' often interpret confidence that you know what you're
talking about as arrogance - primarily because they haven't got a clue about
the subject matter and it's an easy insult.
--

Niel Humphreys

Old July 21st 04, 04:51 PM
Niel Humphreys

"DME" wrote in message
Recent fraud attempt - Not isolated so check your records:

Details of character below:

SNIP
Regards.
DME Computing Solutions

Cheers Daryl, will keep an eye out for those details in future transactions.
--

Niel Humphreys

Old July 21st 04, 04:52 PM
Dave

"DME" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote:

"DME" wrote in message
.. .
Recent fraud attempt - Not isolated so check your records:

snip.........
how mature....NOT

School holidays so soon? I'd forgotten how tedious the great unwashed

were
in here.

You cannot forget, because you obviously from the very first post in this
thread have demostrated the lack of brains you have.

The original post is a simple one - for those that may have found it
beneficial.

The original post was childish and stupid, i personally hope somebody isnt
happy with your service and posts your personal details all over the place.

Old July 21st 04, 05:00 PM
DME

"Dave" wrote:

The original post was childish and stupid, i personally hope somebody isnt
happy with your service and posts your personal details all over the place.

My details are already 'all over the place' SFB.

Regards.

Old July 21st 04, 05:07 PM
DME

"Niel Humphreys" wrote:

"DME" wrote in message
.. .
Recent fraud attempt - Not isolated so check your records:

Details of character below:

SNIP
Regards.
DME Computing Solutions

Cheers Daryl, will keep an eye out for those details in future transactions.

You're welcome my dear.