Heads up for fraudster

Old July 21st 04, 02:29 PM
DME

Default Heads up for fraudster

Recent fraud attempt - Not isolated so check your records:

Details of character below:

It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially
fraudulent funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In
the meantime, we have placed a pending reversal on the funds in question
until the investigation is complete. This pending reversal will show as a
deduction in your available balance.

Transaction Date: 20 Jul. 2004 12:00:32 PDT

Transaction Amount: £2,516.65 GBP

The buyer registered on the www.dme.co.uk web site as:

Andrew Ross
144 Seaford Road
London
N15 5DS

With a telephone number: 07990 735841

DOB: 04/05/1965

Email:

Regards.
--
DME Computing Solutions

Laptops:
www.dme.co.uk
CD & DVD Duplicators: www.smartcopy.co.uk
Old July 21st 04, 03:03 PM
DME

Tx2 wrote:

In article ,
, a.k.a DME says...

[...]

Recent fraud attempt

Has this individual been proven to be a fraudster, in a court of law
where a verdict of guilty was found?

Whoever you are, you have opened yourself up to a massive potential
libel claim, IMO, particularly as you make claim it was a recent fraud
attempt.

How do you know the funds he thought he could use have not been
'swiped' by an estranged wife, leaving him in the lurch several times
over in resect of purchases he is currently undertaking?

A thoroughly irresponsible post.

IANAL

Already classed as fraudulent funds and a fraudulent attempt to obtain
goods in the same way as bouncing a cheque.

A ridiculous reply IMO.

Regards.

Old July 21st 04, 03:04 PM
Paul-B - the original and the best!

DME posted:

Recent fraud attempt - Not isolated so check your records:

snip

Bloody-hell, Daryl, you've put yourself out on a limb, haven't you?
Until the bloke is convicted of fraud your publishing his full name and
address plus his 'phone number could lead to him being harrassed, which
could bounce back on you.

I'd cancel your post, if I were you, at least try to limit the damage.

--
Paul-B

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

Reply to address is spam-trap. Use paul at streetka dot biz if you
really must!
Old July 21st 04, 03:08 PM
Flexi

Its not the first time he has done this!

--
Thanks,

David Ginger.

Old July 21st 04, 03:10 PM
Flexi

Whoops, posted to the wrong group! Sorry m8 Bloody mouse playing up again!

--
Thanks,

David Ginger.

Old July 21st 04, 03:22 PM
DME

"Flexi" wrote:

Its not the first time he has done this!

What on earth are you talking about? - done what?

Calm down people - it's a simple heads up for a fraudulent transaction
which got reversed last night. It may be useful to someone else.

I've given the details within that transaction. There's no crime apart
from that against us.

Regards.

Old July 21st 04, 03:24 PM
DME

"Paul-B - the original and the best!" wrote:

DME posted:

Recent fraud attempt - Not isolated so check your records:

snip

Bloody-hell, Daryl, you've put yourself out on a limb, haven't you?
Until the bloke is convicted of fraud your publishing his full name and
address plus his 'phone number could lead to him being harrassed, which
could bounce back on you.

I'd cancel your post, if I were you, at least try to limit the damage.

It's false Paul - I'm not completely stupid.

Regards.

Old July 21st 04, 03:32 PM
Dave

"DME" wrote in message
Recent fraud attempt - Not isolated so check your records:

snip.........
how mature....NOT

Old July 21st 04, 03:33 PM
Dave

"Flexi" wrote in message
Its not the first time he has done this!

That doesn't surprise me, he seems a bit arrogant

Old July 21st 04, 03:43 PM
DME

"Dave" wrote:

"DME" wrote in message
.. .
Recent fraud attempt - Not isolated so check your records:

how mature....NOT

School holidays so soon? I'd forgotten how tedious the great unwashed were
in here.

The original post is a simple one - for those that may have found it
beneficial.

Regards.