Simply Computers

Old November 2nd 03, 09:14 PM
Dave {ð¿ð} ²ºº²

Default Simply Computers

Ordered an item from Simply Computers on 28.10.03. At the time of ordering
the item was in stock.
On 31.10.03 I emailed them to find out if the delivery of the item would be
held up by the postal strike.
Today, 2.11.03 I get a reply saying that the item would not be held up by
the postal strike because it will be sent by Business Post. However, there
would be a delay in sending it as their suppliers had not sent them the
item. It now looks like it will be sent to me on 7.11.03. Anyway, I
checked Simply Computers web site again and the item is still showing as in
stock even though they don't have any in stock. I'm not very impressed with
them and have sent them an email stating so. You would expect better from
such a big company.

Dave...

Old November 3rd 03, 09:36 AM
Keef

------ snip ------------
checked Simply Computers web site again and the item is still showing as

in
stock even though they don't have any in stock. I'm not very impressed

with
them and have sent them an email stating so. You would expect better from
such a big company.

They did the same with me last Christmas.

I'm guessing, but sales over-the-counter probably take priority over mail
order and stock checking is not something they bother with.

Very few firms seem to give a hoot these days, size as they say, doesn't
seem to be a factor.

Only companies I haven't had any problems with are Dorothy Bradburn, IT
Dealers, KV Cables, Amazon, Metro Storage & HCP Cables.

Dabs, Ebuyer, Simply & Enter Technology have all let me down.

Regards - Keith
--
Dartford Kent UK
Email

Old November 3rd 03, 12:43 PM
Mike Scott

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 09:36:21 -0000, "Keef"
wrote:

------ snip ------------
checked Simply Computers web site again and the item is still showing as

in
stock even though they don't have any in stock. I'm not very impressed

with
them and have sent them an email stating so. You would expect better from
such a big company.

They did the same with me last Christmas.

I'm guessing, but sales over-the-counter probably take priority over mail
order and stock checking is not something they bother with.

Simply haven't done over-the-counter sales for quite a while now.

various domains listed at www.scottsonline.org.uk
regards. Mike Scott Harlow Essex England.(unet -a-t- scottsonline.org.uk)
Old November 3rd 03, 01:12 PM
Bruce Stephens

Mike Scott writes:

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 09:36:21 -0000, "Keef"
wrote:

[...]

They did the same with me last Christmas.

I'm guessing, but sales over-the-counter probably take priority over mail
order and stock checking is not something they bother with.

Simply haven't done over-the-counter sales for quite a while now.

I thought that, but their website claims they do,
http://www.simply.co.uk/info/about/company/londonfacility.asp.

Old November 3rd 03, 01:24 PM
Keef

Simply haven't done over-the-counter sales for quite a while now.

Ah, my bad.

I started using them when they were a caring company (my 386DX40 was
state-of-the-art then ).

I think they went down-hill just before their move. What was that, 2 or 3
years ago?

Old November 3rd 03, 04:53 PM
Chris Woods

"Keef" wrote in message
Simply haven't done over-the-counter sales for quite a while now.

Ah, my bad.

I started using them when they were a caring company (my 386DX40 was
state-of-the-art then ).

I think they went down-hill just before their move. What was that, 2 or 3
years ago?

If we are talking about moving in to the unit across the road from the tube
station, It's a lot longer than that, I'd suggest nearly seven years ago.

Old November 3rd 03, 06:11 PM
Keef

"Chris Woods" wrote in message
.. .
If we are talking about moving in to the unit across the road from the

tube
station, It's a lot longer than that, I'd suggest nearly seven years ago.

Seven years!

It's true what they say about time goes faster as you get older then :-(

Keef

Old November 3rd 03, 09:11 PM
Usenetter

The bigger the company, the bigger the scheister.
If they've debited your account, call the bank for an instant refund (it's
past 3 days).
Then launch a denial of service attack on their website.
Sorted.

Old November 4th 03, 12:42 PM
Chris

I was in two minds about whether to whinge, but since everyone else is...

I ordered a monitor from Simply a few days ago. Shown as in stock when I
ordered.

Order confirmation comes through, and the item is marked as on back order.
So first I try to get through on the phone (no chance) then I email them.
'Sorry about the delay, stock due for despatch 4th Nov'. Not great, but ok
I can live with that.

Email them today, 'Will you be despatching my item?'. 'Sorry, stock not
arrived. Waiting on a new date from our suppliers'.

And the most outrageous thing - THEY ARE STILL SHOWING THEM AS IN STOCK.

Surely there is a trading standards issue here if they're showing stock they
don't have. I'm sure I read somewhere that it's against the law to sell
products you don't already have for supply...

chris

Old November 4th 03, 12:57 PM
Usenetter

Get a refund from the bank, if delivery fails within 3 days - end of story.
They all do the old "Stock level = 1" when stock = 0.