PC World - why does anyone buy from them?

Old April 25th 07, 01:40 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dan[_7_]

Default PC World - why does anyone buy from them?

I purchased an external usb hard drive enclosure from the Northampton branch
this morning and when i got it home the enclosure itself was covered in
fingerprints, and the USB cable was missing! Its a USB device so surely
someone with half a brain cell would HAVE MADE SURE THE USB CABLE WAS PUT
BACK IN THE BOX!! FFS!!!! Never mind the fact that it was obviously a
returned item!!

How do they get away with it? Is there someone i can complain to?

Dan

Old April 25th 07, 01:49 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Trev

"Dan" wrote in message
I purchased an external usb hard drive enclosure from the Northampton
branch this morning and when i got it home the enclosure itself was covered
in fingerprints, and the USB cable was missing! Its a USB device so surely
someone with half a brain cell would HAVE MADE SURE THE USB CABLE WAS PUT
BACK IN THE BOX!! FFS!!!! Never mind the fact that it was obviously a
returned item!!

How do they get away with it? Is there someone i can complain to?

Dan

PC World first If they dont replace it go to trading standards.
Of course if you bought from PC World so that you could take it back if you
changed your mind then that's what happens

Old April 25th 07, 06:30 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Trev"
trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM opened his gob and said:

Of course if you bought from PC World so that you could take it back if you
changed your mind then that's what happens

I did not think that PC World was that accommodating.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old April 25th 07, 08:09 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
johannes

Dan wrote:

I purchased an external usb hard drive enclosure from the Northampton branch
this morning and when i got it home the enclosure itself was covered in
fingerprints, and the USB cable was missing! Its a USB device so surely
someone with half a brain cell would HAVE MADE SURE THE USB CABLE WAS PUT
BACK IN THE BOX!! FFS!!!! Never mind the fact that it was obviously a
returned item!!

How do they get away with it? Is there someone i can complain to?

Dan

You've been had. You can't prove that the cable was missing and that the
fingerprints comes from PC world. Once I bought an USB 2.0 PCI card from
them. Firstly, it was very expensive, but that was my own fault. Secondly,
the seal on the antistatic bag had already been broken. If I ever buy some
hardware from them again, then I will open the box there & then.
Old April 26th 07, 03:16 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
lordy

On 2007-04-25, Dr Teeth wrote:
I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Trev"
trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM opened his gob and said:

Of course if you bought from PC World so that you could take it back if you
changed your mind then that's what happens

I did not think that PC World was that accommodating.

Different branches seem to enforce policy to different levels.

Lordy

Old May 31st 07, 11:14 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

On Apr 25, 1:40 pm, "Dan"
wrote:
I purchased an external usb hard drive enclosure from the Northampton branch
this morning and when i got it home the enclosure itself was covered in
fingerprints, and the USB cable was missing! Its a USB device so surely
someone with half a brain cell would HAVE MADE SURE THE USB CABLE WAS PUT
BACK IN THE BOX!! FFS!!!! Never mind the fact that it was obviously a
returned item!!

How do they get away with it? Is there someone i can complain to?

Dan

Don't you have a spare USB cable?!

The funny thing is..

If the company is accomodating enough to let a customer return an
item, then another customer will get upset when buying that used
item.

It's all about which customer gets preferential treatment..
The customer buying or the customer returning !

Any customer can return. And one customer's poison may be another
one's meat. So really it should be the customer returning that gets
pref treatment.

PC World ad johannes UK Computer Vendors 5 October 19th 06 09:48 PM
Never buy from PC World Adam UK Computer Vendors 64 October 25th 05 10:06 AM
A Map to the New World Felger Carbon General 7 May 12th 04 04:40 AM
PC World UK Computer Vendors 1 January 13th 04 04:58 PM
PC World UK Computer Vendors 0 January 12th 04 02:27 PM