Has ANYONE had good support from Novatech?

Old October 24th 06, 09:39 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
David N

Default Has ANYONE had good support from Novatech?

I have yet another problem with our Novatech (Mitac) laptop. It needs
to go back - agreed over the phone, but I was to phone back when all
data was backed up and to say if I needed them to send me any
packaging. Now I can't get in touch with them other than their rip-off
phone line. Only open during peak-rate hours; robot answering machine
makes sure you're paying for the call even though you're not getting
any service. They don't respond to the Tech support form; they don't
respond to the Customer Support form, and the 'click here if you prefer
to email us' button, takes you to the form again!
Anyone know anything good about Novatech?
David N

Old October 24th 06, 09:52 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "David N"
opened his gob and said:

Anyone know anything good about Novatech?

They were good when I used Windows 3.1 and had a Star LC 24-10
printer!

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old October 28th 06, 02:00 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Crossbow

opened his gob and said:

Anyone know anything good about Novatech?

They were good when I used Windows 3.1 and had a Star LC 24-10
printer!

I've always found them excellent, admittedly I've only ever sent items
back twice, but both times I reordered immediately to avoid delay and
was refunded in about 3 weeks.

Not worth using their "ask for date" service for backorders though -
they don't bother responding.
Old October 29th 06, 07:13 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
linker3000

David N wrote:
Anyone know anything good about Novatech?
David N

Well, they're only round the corner from me...!

(With reference to 'Round the Horne' where Julian and Sandy setup
business as 'handymen' but refuse to do any jobs that require manual
labour or getting their hands dirty etc. etc. Why are they 'handy'?
Well, they only live round the corner!).

Old November 6th 06, 04:38 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
David Atherton

opened his gob and said:

Anyone know anything good about Novatech?

They were good when I used Windows 3.1 and had a Star LC 24-10
printer!

I've always found them excellent, admittedly I've only ever sent items
back twice, but both times I reordered immediately to avoid delay and
was refunded in about 3 weeks.

Not worth using their "ask for date" service for backorders though -
they don't bother responding.

Been going 20 years, owner managed, excellent firm. But discount mail order
firms don't
really do tech support these days. In the old days dealer support meant you
didn't have to
phone big firms you had no relationship with, often abroad, and not geared
for consumer
service.

Since the web happened, the manufacturers web sites, even the Taiwan ones
have
everything you need. And pricing gets better. When I was at dabs we had 15
tech support
guys, constantly busy, and customers still had no idea. I closed it all, and
business didn't
drop at all. Because it was no use. No problems were solved. The issues were
always
customer stupidity. A little pure IT illiteracy, but mostly buying the wrong
thing then
pretending it was broke to get an RMA. When DSR came in, all this stopped.
The main
problem is no-one will admit they are clueless, or childish (not as much fun
as it looked
in the ad) or ham-fisted (never mention touching the gold, or dropping HDDs,
or spilling
coffee on it). Now it's easy

1. I don't want the item now - DSR
2. It's broke - RMA replace
3. I think it's me - search the Web

Dave Atherton
ex dabs.com

Old November 6th 06, 04:09 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Peter Johnson

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 04:38:37 -0000, "David Atherton" On request
wrote:

When I was at dabs

May I be nosey and ask what you are doing now? (In general if you
don't want to be specific.)
Old November 6th 06, 08:16 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Sock Puppet

wrote:

When I was at dabs

May I be nosey and ask what you are doing now? (In general if you
don't want to be specific.)

Either not sleeping or not in UK, judging by posting times!

Old November 6th 06, 08:45 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Tx2

On 06/11/2006, Sock Puppet thought we'd be interested in the following:

Either not sleeping or not in UK, judging by posting times!

I certainly wouldn't be in this immigrant dumping ground of a wanked up
country if I had his money!

Old November 8th 06, 04:16 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
lordy

On 2006-11-06, David Atherton On wrote:

I closed it all, and
business didn't
drop at all. Because it was no use. No problems were solved. The issues were
always
customer stupidity. A little pure IT illiteracy, but mostly buying the wrong
thing then
pretending it was broke to get an RMA. When DSR came in, all this stopped.
The main
problem is no-one will admit they are clueless, or childish (not as much fun
as it looked
in the ad) or ham-fisted (never mention touching the gold, or dropping HDDs,
or spilling
coffee on it). Now it's easy

1. I don't want the item now - DSR
2. It's broke - RMA replace
3. I think it's me - search the Web

Ah, that explain why Dabs refused to accept my RMA on a video card
listed as 'supporting two monitors', because the *chipset* did, bit the
card only had only physical monitor connection.
[ http://shorl.com/funymoprostede ].

I gave up and managed to return it under DSR, and havent used Dabs since
(well except for my Humax DVB box). Sometimes the DSR does its job, when
vendor is being obtuse.

Lordy

Dave Atherton
ex dabs.com

EVGA 7900 GTX: does Nvidia offer good support for this card in Linux steve2470 Nvidia Videocards 1 August 9th 06 06:13 AM
ATI customer support (Good news) Danny Greaves Ati Videocards 1 October 9th 05 10:37 PM
Why is it so hard to do business with Dell Art Vandolay Dell Computers 226 February 27th 05 10:13 PM
Good tech support Wags Ati Videocards 5 December 29th 04 01:07 AM
FAQ for alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell, updated 02/02/97 . Packard Bell Computers 1 August 26th 03 07:14 PM