Amazon UK

Old November 1st 03, 11:56 AM
BWGames

Default Amazon UK

Anyone got a phone number for them?

Got a weird order with them. It says "attention needed":

We're sorry. Before we can proceed with your order, your credit/debit
card's issuing bank requires you to do one of the following:
* update the expiration date on the card you entered.
* choose an alternative credit/debit card from your account.
* enter a new credit/debit card number.

Emailed them, no reply.

Re-entered card details, same thing.

I KNOW that card works as I just bought something else with it.

Wanna phone them...

Thanks,

Ben
--
BWGames
to email change de.news to de-news
Old November 1st 03, 12:11 PM
Tony Sutton

"BWGames" wrote in message
Anyone got a phone number for them?

Got a weird order with them. It says "attention needed":

We're sorry. Before we can proceed with your order, your credit/debit
card's issuing bank requires you to do one of the following:
* update the expiration date on the card you entered.
* choose an alternative credit/debit card from your account.
* enter a new credit/debit card number.

Are you sure it's actually from Amazon? Check the Internet headers!

The phone number can be found at
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...p/payment.html

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

Old November 1st 03, 12:16 PM
BWGames

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 12:11:53 -0000, Tony Sutton wrote:

"BWGames" wrote in message
Anyone got a phone number for them?

Got a weird order with them. It says "attention needed":

We're sorry. Before we can proceed with your order, your credit/debit
card's issuing bank requires you to do one of the following:
* update the expiration date on the card you entered.
* choose an alternative credit/debit card from your account.
* enter a new credit/debit card number.

Are you sure it's actually from Amazon? Check the Internet headers!

The phone number can be found at
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...p/payment.html

Oh, yeah, definitely Amazon.

Thanks, I'll give them a ring later
Old November 1st 03, 12:51 PM
BWGames

"BWGames" wrote in message
Anyone got a phone number for them?

Got a weird order with them. It says "attention needed":

We're sorry. Before we can proceed with your order, your credit/debit
card's issuing bank requires you to do one of the following:
* update the expiration date on the card you entered.
* choose an alternative credit/debit card from your account.
* enter a new credit/debit card number.

Are you sure it's actually from Amazon? Check the Internet headers!

The phone number can be found at
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...p/payment.html

Oh, yeah, definitely Amazon.

Thanks, I'll give them a ring later

Office Hours only

I'll hang on...

Old November 5th 03, 09:43 AM
Bagpuss

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 11:56:23 +0000, BWGames
wrote:

Anyone got a phone number for them?

Got a weird order with them. It says "attention needed":

We're sorry. Before we can proceed with your order, your credit/debit
card's issuing bank requires you to do one of the following:
* update the expiration date on the card you entered.
* choose an alternative credit/debit card from your account.
* enter a new credit/debit card number.

Emailed them, no reply.

Re-entered card details, same thing.

I KNOW that card works as I just bought something else with it.

I got a similar problem with an ordered item where I previously had an
expired card. It took about 3 days of messing around to get the order
to change over to a new card as it kept insiting on using the old one
even though I had deleted it off my list. In the end I cancelled and
re-did the order. Their interface in that respect is a little clunky.
--
This post does not reflect the opinions of all saggy cloth
cats be they a bit loose at the seams or not

I'm not a nerd, I'm an empowered freak