(CROSSPOST): Stability problems

Old December 20th 03, 06:53 PM
Frodo

Default (CROSSPOST): Stability problems

I've benn having problems with my PC recently. The problems a

1. Sometimes (in games (Diablo 2), so far as I have seen), application
freezes, and mechanical reset is the only option. In this case I sometimes
get on the top of the screen a bunch of small green lines
2. Sometimes, when I turn the PC on, I get the blue screen with this
message:
.... 0E occured at 01AF:BFF86EBD ...
Then, when I reset the system and choose normal on boot menu it usually logs
on with no problems (or I have to do a reset it a couple of times but then
it logs)
3. One of the games (System Shock 2) reports that my video card is not
Direct 3D compatible and that the audio card is not certified with Direct X.
In System Settings under Direct X, Direct 3D acceleration can not be turned
on.

It has nothing to do with the OS because I reinstalled my Win ME and I'm now
on Win 98 with the same problem.
The only additional hardware I added is Asus ISDN PCI card and HP 3500c
scanner.
My graphical card in Device Manager is NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 Model 64/Model 64
Pro, driver version 4.14.10.4523.
My sound card is SoundBlaster Live! Value, driver version 4.11.01.0711.

Please help, I don't know what to do, this started to happen a few weeks
ago. Thank you in advance.

Old December 21st 03, 12:49 AM
Morten Lundstrøm

My graphical card in Device Manager is NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 Model 64/Model 64
Pro, driver version 4.14.10.4523.

Is it properly seated? Is it overclocked in any way? What kind of
processor/board do you have?

/Morten

Old December 21st 03, 12:59 AM
Frodo

"Morten Lundstrøm" wrote in message
k...

My graphical card in Device Manager is NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 Model 64/Model

64
Pro, driver version 4.14.10.4523.

Is it properly seated?

Yes, checked and double checked EVERY component.

Is it overclocked in any way?

Definitly no.

What kind of
processor/board do you have?