Frequent hang!

Old July 4th 03, 04:14 PM
philo

"Seng Tjaun" wrote in message

I got a PC which it frequently hang all the while. In a day I will get

about
10 or more hang-up. The hang does not seems to be from the OS point of

view
since before this under Windows98 it hangs. Upgrade to Windows 2000 or
Windows XP, it still hangs. The hang-up causes the whole system to freeze.

can't even do CTL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+Shift+ESC to shutdown processes. The

only
thing I could do is just to reboot the system. The hang also does not

create
any log file on Windows 2k and XP event viewer. I suspect the memory

having
problem and did a memtest86. The result does not shows the memory having
problem.

What other tools or method I could use to determine what causes the system
to hang frequently? What hardware should I take note on such a hang.

Any further required information, please ask.

your cpu temperature could be a bit on the high side

Old July 5th 03, 06:54 AM
Seng Tjaun

Default Frequent hang!

I got a PC which it frequently hang all the while. In a day I will get about
10 or more hang-up. The hang does not seems to be from the OS point of view
since before this under Windows98 it hangs. Upgrade to Windows 2000 or
Windows XP, it still hangs. The hang-up causes the whole system to freeze. I

Old July 5th 03, 07:56 PM
Cyde Weys

Seng Tjaun wrote:
I got a PC which it frequently hang all the while. In a day I will get about
10 or more hang-up. The hang does not seems to be from the OS point of view
since before this under Windows98 it hangs. Upgrade to Windows 2000 or
Windows XP, it still hangs. The hang-up causes the whole system to freeze. I
can't even do CTL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+Shift+ESC to shutdown processes. The only
thing I could do is just to reboot the system. The hang also does not create
any log file on Windows 2k and XP event viewer. I suspect the memory having
problem and did a memtest86. The result does not shows the memory having
problem.

What other tools or method I could use to determine what causes the system
to hang frequently? What hardware should I take note on such a hang.

Any further required information, please ask.

Thanks.

I had this problem too, and here are the steps I went about to fix it ...

Install a CPU heat monitoring program. If the temperature frequently
gets very high and then your system locks up, then you know what the
problem is.

Replace/upgrade the power supply. In my case, the power supply simply
didn't have enough wattage and couldn't keep up with the system at some
times.

--
Usenet is a strange reality where you see people beating up a patch of
grass where nine years ago there used to be a horse. -Nuke

Frequent hang! philo General 4 October 10th 06 12:11 PM
P5GDC-V Deluxe Raid 1 Hang on First Boot Brass Asus Motherboards 2 January 28th 05 07:38 PM
FIC or HIS for a 9600Pro? Phrederick General 8 December 16th 03 01:17 PM
FIC or HIS for a 9600Pro? Phrederick Ati Videocards 8 December 16th 03 01:17 PM
CD-RW Hang writing large files cranheim Dell Computers 11 November 21st 03 02:49 PM