Upgrading a Snap Appliance NAS 4000 Series with new Hard Drives?

Old February 26th 04, 12:51 AM
Scott Townsend

Default Upgrading a Snap Appliance NAS 4000 Series with new Hard Drives?

Is it possible to Upgrade the SnapServer 4000 Series??

Mine Currently has 4 30gb drives in it and I wanted to put in 4 250gb
drives.

SnapAppliance said that the OS does not Support more then 120gb...
Seems kind of strange.

I've read on the ned how to upgrade the 1000 series. Has anyone done
this with the 4000 Series?

Thanks,
Scott-
Old February 27th 04, 07:29 AM
Mark Smith

Not so strange, the IDE chipset probably can't talk above 120Gb (or it's OS
can't) ... not been so long since PC's couldn't either.

Besides, if the company is planning to do it as an pay for upgrade they'll
hardly explain to someone wanting to do it themselves ... for no money to
them :-)

Regards

Mark

om...