ARIA TECHNOLOGY - PATHETIC COMPANY TO DEAL WITH. *** AVOID ***

Old May 13th 06, 12:42 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default ARIA TECHNOLOGY - PATHETIC COMPANY TO DEAL WITH. *** AVOID ***

Aria Technologies prices may be cheaper than many retailers, but buyers should
be aware that Aria are absolutely rubbish to deal with.

To date I have had 3 bad monitors from them, all of them had to be returned due
to seriously defective pixels, and I'm not talking about
just a couple of bad pixels, I'm referring to several bright blue pixels all
within a area of 6mm of each other.
Aria have a pre-check bad pixel check which the customer can purchase for
£20+vat, and when I complained about the monitors I received,
I was told I should have paid for this pre-test to be done prior to dispatch.
Do Aria really expect its customers to pay £24 to check to see if the product
they are selling you is faulty!!!

In view of the fact that my return was simply returned to stock tells me that
customers who do not pay for Aria's pre-pixel check will almost
certainly end up with a duff monitor.

I received this last monitor on the 3/5/06 at 11am and they received it back in
stock at 2pm the same day (a round trip of 116miles)
despite being given a refund receipt, and being told the refund would be put
back on my credit card, 9 days later and it still has not been refunded.

I've emailed them several times with no reply and numerous phone calls have been
un-successful.

Many of my colleagues have had similar experiences where products shipped by
Aria were not new and were obviously customer
returns. Trying to get a refund out of them is virtually inpossible.

So take heed.... cheapest sometimes is not the best!

Needless to state that I have closed my account with them and will never deal
with them again.

Old May 13th 06, 01:49 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default ARIA TECHNOLOGY - GOOD COMPANY TO DEAL WITH, *** RECOMMENDED ***

My experience of more than 50 orders placed with Aria has been very
positive. Of at least 10 TFT screens purchased only one has had to be
replaced, and then not due to a pixel problem. All returns/refunds
have been handled satisfactorily.
Old May 13th 06, 10:16 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"William" wrote in message
news
Aria Technologies prices may be cheaper than many retailers, but buyers
should
be aware that Aria are absolutely rubbish to deal with.

I detect *another* long thread on the 'is a monitor faulty if it has
defective pixels' theme.

Interesting to note that your 'words to the wise' are basically "cheaper
isnt always best" and yet you refuse to pay £20 to get a pixel perfect check
on the monitors you buy. Thats a little ironic don't you think? We should
take advice from someone who doesn't follow it themself...

?

g.

Old May 13th 06, 11:39 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

I detect *another* long thread on the 'is a monitor faulty if it has
defective pixels' theme.

You could be correct.... eheheh

Interesting to note that your 'words to the wise' are basically "cheaper
isnt always best" and yet you refuse to pay £20 to get a pixel perfect check
on the monitors you buy. Thats a little ironic don't you think? We should
take advice from someone who doesn't follow it themself...

We all know that its possible to receive a LCD monitor with one or more faulty
pixels and is acceptable to keep the panel cost down to reasonable levels.

What I object to is the fact that these monitors which were supplied by Aria all
had evidence of panel rubbing, where it was obvious someone had already
attempted to reduce or fix the problem, no doubt Aria's own staff.

We are not talking just 2 or 3 minor pixel faults. The supplied monitors, had 5
bright blue stuck pixels which must have had adjacent pixels stuck too as the
size of the pixels were about .75mm each and all were within a 6 or 7mm area so
were close together making the situation worse.

IMO its obvious that Aria pick and select their monitors for people who pay the
£24 for the pixel check, meaning that the customers who refuse to pay will have
a higher risk of getting a monitor with faulty pixels as these will be returned
to stock as the ones I returned were returned to their stock.

IOW When buying a monitor from Aria one needs to add to their price a extra £24
if you wish to get a decent monitor. This is not a isolated case it appears to
be common practice for Aria to ship items that have obviously been returned as
faulty by other customers. Many companies get returns but in Aria's case they
appear not to check the items prior to sending them out again.

Also do you think its right that 12days later and Aria still has not refunded
your card despite wasting hours on the phone and still no positive response.
I have had to initiate a chargeback via the card company in order to get my
refund which although it will take 2/3 weeks at least I will get it in the end.

I have never known a company with worse support staff, its almost impossible to
get to speak to anyone there, and they never reply to your emails, just a waste
of time.

One thing about Scan Computers in Bolton, at least their refunds go through
fairly quickly, and incidently I have found out since, that Scan computers will
also do a pixel test for you, if you ask nicely... absolutely FREE. We live
and learn.

Bill
Old May 13th 06, 12:38 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

In article , William
says...
Aria Technologies prices may be cheaper than many retailers, but buyers should
be aware that Aria are absolutely rubbish to deal with.

I've been dealing with them for 7 years. Wouldn't have continued for
that long if they were bad.

OTOH, I've had Scan take money from my account then take 2 weeks to
deliver an item because they were out of stock.

--
Conor,

Same ****, different day.
Old May 13th 06, 01:02 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"William" wrote in message
news
[...]

They have 30 days to refund your money.

I dont like Aria but in your case it seems like theyve been very helpful and
not just ignored you like some retailers. Your post has actually made me
want to use them :/

Old May 14th 06, 12:15 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"William" wrote in message
news
[...]

Best of luck... glad to have been of help
In fact they have 10days to make the refund and that is a quote from the card
company themselves. I know of one guy who waited over a month for Aria to make
the refund, but he forced them to eventually pay up in the small claims court,
they also had to pay costs too of course.
Old May 14th 06, 12:54 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

[...]

I did use them myself for a while, like so many others for the reason they had
reasonable prices. The trouble with Aria is they seem to have got too big
these days and just don't seem to be able to give decent support.

I stopped using them about 6 months ago, simply because I had major problems
getting a refund on a motherboard they sent me. It was DOA, they just never
answered my em ails and their RMA system is a joke. Even tried to make out I
had not returned the board even though their own system showed it had been
returned. I got on to trading standards and I eventually had a refund but it
took several weeks to get it, so you may have a bit of a wait yet.

Hope you get your money back, make sure they refund the postage too, you are
entitled to it.

best wishes & peace to all.

Mikail
Old May 14th 06, 10:16 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"Mikail" wrote in message
[...]

Are you going for the national sockpuppet record? Why bother posting such
crap? Unless you want to demonstrate to as many people as possible what a
f*ckw*t you are.

Your mum bought you a cheap monitor - it's not as good as an expensive one -
so you got exactly what you paid for. Back to school tomorrow - you can tell
all your friends about it.

Old May 14th 06, 10:32 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Roger Getterridge
opened his gob and said:

I know of one guy who waited over a month for Aria to make
the refund

Must be one of your alter egos.

--
Cheers,