resetting Toshiba Satellite BIOS password - need toshiba manuals

Old December 1st 04, 12:28 AM
blq knight

Default resetting Toshiba Satellite BIOS password - need toshiba manuals

any assistance would be appreciated
Old December 1st 04, 09:58 AM
Wayne Stallwood

blq knight wrote:

any assistance would be appreciated

Resetting the Bios password is fairly easy on 90% of Toshiba models

You need to build a special loopback connector for the parallel port.

Take one of the old style printer leads (where the plugs can be taken apart)
dismantle the PC end, removing the original wiring.

Grab a soldering iron and link the pins as follows

1-5-10 should all be linked together
2-11
3-17
4-12
5-10
6-16
7-13
8-14
9-15
pins 18 to 25 should all be connected together

Carefully check your wiring, double check it and check it once more.

Power down the laptop and plug this in to the parallel port. When you power
up during POST you will get an error that prompts you to press a key to
enter the bios (f1 I think)Press the key as prompted and you go straight
in.

From the bios screen change/disable the password as required, save settings,
Remove plug and restart laptop.

I keep one of these dongles in my kit bag, has gotten me out of trouble a
few times with clients machines.

THIS ONLY WORKS ON TOSHIBA'S and even then only most Toshiba's not all of
them.

Old December 1st 04, 08:35 PM
blq knight

Cool, i will see if I can locate an old printer cable and try it.

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 08:58:11 +0000, Wayne Stallwood
wrote:

blq knight wrote:

[...]

From the bios screen change/disable the password as required, save settings,