Factor 5's "Lair" on PS3 has an absolute DOG **** framerate thanks to the lowend Nvidia GPU

Old August 2nd 07, 12:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation
AirRaid[_3_]

Default Factor 5's "Lair" on PS3 has an absolute DOG **** framerate thanks to the lowend Nvidia GPU

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176336

quote TTP:

"Just got the *preview* code and spent some time with it in the
comfort of my sofa and I must say the frame rate is all over the
place.

Didn't give me this impression at all at E3, but here, in a more
intimate environment, me and him alone, the times where it stays at
30fps are so few they don't even matter.

Factor 5 either screwed big time or this version is as old as baby
Gesus"

unquote

once again, the choice that Sony made to use a lowend Nvidia GPU in
PS3, the RSX, which is based on a DOWNGRADED NV47 / G70 ~ GF 7800 or
G71 ~ GF 7900 with miserable fillrate performance ( 2 Gpixels/s with
4x anti-aliasing) combined with low graphics memory bandwidth (22.4 GB/
sec to GGR3) combined with low triangle setup rate performance (about
250M vs 500M on X360) results in PS3 games with ****ty framerates when
overtaxed by 1080p resolution and too much graphics detail.

it's bad enough that console GPUs are set in stone for the 5-6 year
life of the system, it's worse when a GPU *starts* out being lowend
**** at the *beginning* of the console's lifecycle.

Old August 2nd 07, 01:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation
Brenden D. Chase[_2_]

"AirRaid" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I call bull**** on this one.

Further down someone states:

"There's already reviews and you're looking at preview code?

*confused* (not that you have preview code, but that they gave you that when
apparently there is a reviewable build out there)

EDIT: What res are you playing in?"

And they guy replies:

Beats me dude. Game is out in September in Europe (where I live) and Sony is
sending "preview codes" for now. This can very well be intended as a preview
code just because it lack localizations, the game itself actually being the
gold code that will ship in US in a matter of days. This wouldn't be a
first.

I was playing at 720p.
------------------------------

I'm interested in the reviews its getting so far....

Gamepro 3.8/5
Play Magazine 9/10

I'd say not bad.... time will really tell i guess as seen below...

Well here's some interesting news: Lair Delayed!!!
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/810/810027p1.html

So maybe they do have a frame rate issue? Who knows. But we do know it didnt
look bad at E3. And i dont recall any bad impressions from there.

Old August 2nd 07, 03:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation
boodybandit[_2_]

"Brenden D. Chase" wrote in message

"AirRaid" wrote in message
ups.com...

I call bull**** on this one.

I know Air Raid is a desperate troll but quoting other trolls from forums as
fact? That is all time desperate. Nothing has been said before now about
questionable frame rate. Poor Air Raid is scared ****less because Sony is
starting to turn the corner in this gen and he feels like he is losing
complete control so he has to post fanboy fodder to make himself feel
better. It helps him sleep at night.

Old August 3rd 07, 04:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation
Brenden D. Chase[_2_]

news

"AirRaid" wrote in message
ups.com...

I call bull**** on this one.

I know Air Raid is a desperate troll but quoting other trolls from forums
as fact? That is all time desperate. Nothing has been said before now
about questionable frame rate. Poor Air Raid is scared ****less because
Sony is starting to turn the corner in this gen and he feels like he is
losing complete control so he has to post fanboy fodder to make himself
feel better. It helps him sleep at night.

I gotta admit, it's pretty funny to watch them squirm though

Old August 3rd 07, 02:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation
boodybandit[_2_]

"AirRaid" wrote in message
ups.com...

I call bull**** on this one.

I know Air Raid is a desperate troll but quoting other trolls from forums
as fact? That is all time desperate. Nothing has been said before now
about questionable frame rate. Poor Air Raid is scared ****less because
Sony is starting to turn the corner in this gen and he feels like he is
losing complete control so he has to post fanboy fodder to make himself
feel better. It helps him sleep at night.

I gotta admit, it's pretty funny to watch them squirm though

Him, Jonah ans Swammy are like crack addicts looking for negative news on
Sony. If they don't find something every day, no matter how minusclue, they
practically have a nervous breakdown. They remind me of that little weasel
in the old Foghorn Leghorn cartoons when I was a kid. You know the little
rodent that chases after chickens saying yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah and
shaking like he is having a seizure while drooling buckets.

Old August 3rd 07, 05:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,rec.games.video.sony,uk.games.video.playstation
Lister

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 16:17:45 GMT, "Timbo" wrote:

No profanity please.

Why the **** not?