Eclipse Computers

Old February 19th 08, 10:57 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
bnorth

Default Eclipse Computers

there have been a few posts re Eclipse Computers (of Coventry UK) a
firm much plugged by some PC mags

but google Eclipse Computers and they seem to
have a terrible reputation for product reliability and customer
service.
for the most part the feedback on numerous boards is frighteningly
negative.

"I would like to post a warning about Eclipse Computers on this Remote
Control Forum."
http://www.avforums.com/forums/archi.../t-404290.html

and
"The Trading Standards say this is illegal and they will act against
the company if enough people complain - so DO IT TODAY! "
http://www.smallworldmedia.co.uk/web...se_comp_1.html

and
"Got PC has had 4 bluecreens and now says OS missing on a black
screen. Very dubious cust services"
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/in...55&forumi d=2

and
"I bought a motherboard from them a good few years ago - it was faulty
(D.O.A)."
http://www.avforums.com/forums/archi.../t-404290.html

and
"I would NEVER EVER order from them again, biggest bunch of cowboys
under the sun imo.
Took over two weeks to send my order and there was a whole load of
things wrong."

http://forums.hexus.net/shopping-ret...ml#post1324630

and
"IF I DIDNT STOP MYSELF FROM PURCHASING FROM THESE MUPPETS, I WOULD
HAVE PROBABLY LANDED ONE ON THE MANAGERS! "
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/eclips...try__ 5262036

and
"DO NOT USE ECLIPSE. THEY ARE ROTTEN TO THE CORE"
http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-hardwa...uters-com.html

and
"Do not be tempted to use this company - they are cheap but their
after sales service stinks"
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.html?t=16173

and
"When the system arrived initially, after a five week delay, it didn't
work, wouldn't even switch on."
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews55635.html

and
"Eclipse computers are COWBOYS and extremely useless."
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/electronic-s...entry/reviews/

photos here !!!
"Note all 6 of the plastic supports for the front of the case are
snapped "
http://photos.offline.org.uk/showgal...p?galleryid=34

and
"Thought id just write this to imform people about this company and
what a crap experiance i have had of them."
http://www.deadmen.co.uk/forum/archi...p/t-10831.html

and
"Their pc's get good reviews in the magazines, but I wouldn't ever
recommend them to anyone."
http://www.ciao.co.uk/eclipse_comput...Review_5622830

and
"If it is the same company in Coventry that advertises in Micro Mart
then avoid like the plague.
Had a load of grief with them few years ago trying to sort out a
driver disc for a sound card and other bits and bobs."
http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/s...d.php?t=213683

and
"I emplore you to read and heed the reviews posted about them, and
steer clear at all costs!"
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Eclipse_Computers

sure maybe only disatisfied customers complain but google Chillblast
or Zoostorm or Dell and you don't find pages of angry feedback ! but
you do with Eclipse !! and its not that they are a large company
an informed assessment of the wisdom of an Eclipse purchase should
take this into account

computers new jo General 0 September 7th 07 07:31 PM
Best new computers talonturbojt Intel 0 November 21st 04 11:56 PM
Bicycle computers and other micro computers Joseph General 0 January 27th 04 04:33 PM
computers jackie General Hardware 1 October 27th 03 03:25 PM