Dell delivery times

Old January 3rd 05, 09:53 PM
Michael Rodgers

Default Dell delivery times

Hiya,

Just ordered a Dell Axim X50v from Dell's online store. The current offer
was 'free delivery', and there was no option to pick any other sort of
delivery.

Anyway, only after I bought the item was I presented with:

'Please note Dell builds all systems to order, and delivery will take 7-10
working days'.

7-10 working days to delivery a PDA from stock? Surely not? Anyone else
ordered anything similar from them? I'm hoping the delivery time quoted is
just a standard thing for their systems, as waiting 10 days for a PDA will
be rather irritating - thats 2 weeks!

Old January 3rd 05, 11:14 PM
bill

"Michael Rodgers" wrote in message
Hiya,

Just ordered a Dell Axim X50v from Dell's online store. The current offer
was 'free delivery', and there was no option to pick any other sort of
delivery.

Anyway, only after I bought the item was I presented with:

'Please note Dell builds all systems to order, and delivery will take 7-10
working days'.

7-10 working days to delivery a PDA from stock? Surely not? Anyone else
ordered anything similar from them? I'm hoping the delivery time quoted is
just a standard thing for their systems, as waiting 10 days for a PDA will
be rather irritating - thats 2 weeks!

i have ordered a few systems off Dell over the past 8 years

the first 3-4 systems were delivered quickly or within their specified
times, usually finding that systems which i didnt customise were delivered
quicker

however this time last year i ordered 2 idientical systems, with no
customisations,
their tracking was updated to "dispatched" within a few days and i expected
delivery a day or 2 after,
anyway after waiting a week, one flat panel monitor had turned, then over 2
weeks after the tracking up did the rest of the 2 systems arrive,
the sales person was impossible to contact by email,

they have a terrible knack of saying something has been dispatched, when
the carrier admitted "they say something has been dispatched, but that only
means they are in the process of passing it over to the shipping company",
obviously a ploy to stop customers cancelling or asking to change an order

Old January 4th 05, 11:53 AM
Michael Rodgers

"Michael Rodgers" wrote in message
'Please note Dell builds all systems to order, and delivery will take 7-10
working days'.

Funny definition of 7-10 days!

Somebody just called me to check I was in tommorrow, when they will deliver.
Cannot say farier than that!