Arias after sales service?

Old December 24th 04, 02:53 PM
Lordy

"Dave" wrote in
:

"Lordy" wrote in message
.. .
"Dave" wrote in
:

They tell me it isn't faulty..(!)
OK maybe I dreamed I put four or five known good disks in, that
play fine
on
my player

Ah, but are those disks originals or copies??? If the player plays
originals fine but not copies I guess it could be considered not
faulty, unless the model you have states it can play copies.

I've got one of these and I'm getting worries now. I'm beginning to
thing the Aria customer comments page is more heavily censored then
ebuyers!

Anyway, mine is all wrapped up and untested (unwisely)..

Does it mention DVD+R / DVD-R on the box? If so it's effective
claimin to

No it does not, If you are talking of a crystal player, it mentions on
the box DVD/CD/CDRW/MP3/Picture and that is all, searching Usenet with
google i found a message from another user that has experienced that
it doesnt play DVD+RW disks.
click... http://tinyurl.co.uk/60tj
so it looks like with regards to DVD+RW its a no go ((((((

play copies. In fact there's not much point in having a DIVX player
in

the
UK unless it can usefully read from recordable media!

Agreed, mine plays normal CDR disks fine, and also plays stuff in SVCD
format from a CDR fine, some DVD-R disks it plays fine, some others it
skips and jumps but in general and straight DVD copy it falls over on
( CDRW disks are mostly fine, unless burnt at high speed, then it
has the odd problem.

Sounds like something is wrong. What media and DVD Writer do you have?

Get some good quality blanks (RiDisc, Verbatim, TDK upwards), burn at 4x
for starters and see how they go?

Lordy

From http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=15247

Does this support DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW discs?

By Andy on 09/12/2004 16:38:43
Rob D replied: (09/12/2004 17:21:35)
Yes

Lordy
Old December 24th 04, 03:05 PM
Rob D

From http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=15247

Does this support DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW discs?

By Andy on 09/12/2004 16:38:43
Rob D replied: (09/12/2004 17:21:35)
Yes

Lordy

I'm going to double check that when I get back - the info I had at the time
said it did - but all this talk has got me worried!

Anyway, I'm off home now - Seasons greetings to you all!

RobD
Aria Technology
www.aria.co.uk

Old December 24th 04, 03:12 PM
Lordy

"Rob D" wrote in
:

I'm going to double check that when I get back - the info I had at the
time said it did - but all this talk has got me worried!

Anyway, I'm off home now - Seasons greetings to you all!

Thanks for all the hard work and help. Have a well deserved break!

--
Lordy
Old December 24th 04, 05:18 PM
jim.

"Dave" wrote in message

Ah, but are those disks originals or copies??? If the player plays
originals fine but not copies I guess it could be considered not

faulty.

Hiya Dave...
OK , I don't seem to be explaining the situation very well so here goes
again (In full this time)
It played ok for the first half hour, including no probs with a DVD copy on
DVD-R
(Father Ted Series 1), no probs with MP3s on the same brand of DVD-R.
THEN it started coming up NO DISK.
My first line of test was with known good disks, not copies or pirate disks
or DVD-Rs or CDRs or CD-RWs,
5 different silver origional DVDs and CDs - It wouldn't read them.
Or the Father Ted disk it had just played five minutes earlier.
So what do you think?
Faulty?
For a fault description I couldn't come up with anything better than 'Won't
read disks'
and having seen reams of fault descriptions such as -
'goes into fuzzely lines', 'pops now and then', 'does annoying stuff',
'same as last time'...
I feel mine summed it up pretty well.

If I'd wanted a cheapo DVD player as you say, I'd have bought her one out of
the Tesco while I was in there,
but I wanted one with Divx capability, and I'm still wondering how such an
end could be achieved without the
ability to read CDR/DVDRs as seems to be suggested elsewhere in this thread.
I don't particularly care if it can handle DVD+R or not.

Oh my time was all in the workshop, you don't think they'd let me near
customers do you :-)
My qualifications and service entitle me to the letters T.Eng. if that means
anything to you.

Time to curtail all this maudling moaning and imbibe some of the xmas
spirit...
Ho.Ho Ho.. what do you want for xmas little girl?
A divx dvd player?
I'll see what santa has in his sack...

Old December 24th 04, 11:44 PM
Dave

"jim." wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message

Ah, but are those disks originals or copies??? If the player plays
originals fine but not copies I guess it could be considered not

faulty.

Hiya Dave...
OK , I don't seem to be explaining the situation very well so here goes
again (In full this time)
It played ok for the first half hour, including no probs with a DVD copy

on
DVD-R
(Father Ted Series 1), no probs with MP3s on the same brand of DVD-R.
THEN it started coming up NO DISK.
My first line of test was with known good disks, not copies or pirate

disks
or DVD-Rs or CDRs or CD-RWs,
5 different silver origional DVDs and CDs - It wouldn't read them.
Or the Father Ted disk it had just played five minutes earlier.
So what do you think?

I think it may be your father ted disks, if i remember right i read about
someone else having probs with that particular series a few weeks back over
in uk.media.dvd (appologies if that was you) if it was someone other then
yourself, then perhaps these father ted disks are faulty???? It wouldnt be
the first time, ive bought dvds in the past that have been faulty.

Faulty?
For a fault description I couldn't come up with anything better than

'Won't
read disks'
and having seen reams of fault descriptions such as -
'goes into fuzzely lines', 'pops now and then', 'does annoying stuff',
'same as last time'...
I feel mine summed it up pretty well.

Apart from the wont read disks bit, the rest to me sounds like your player
has been taking some illegal substance.

If I'd wanted a cheapo DVD player as you say, I'd have bought her one out

of
the Tesco while I was in there,
but I wanted one with Divx capability, and I'm still wondering how such

an
end could be achieved without the
ability to read CDR/DVDRs as seems to be suggested elsewhere in this

thread.
I don't particularly care if it can handle DVD+R or not.

Thats a bit of a silly attitude to have as many dvd players will only read
+R or -R disks, and often you only find out when you have bought the thing.
As for divx compatibilty you should have gone for a umax yamada from aria
if that was the most important feature, as they are known to be good divx
players, with loads of independant forums etc on the web.

Oh my time was all in the workshop, you don't think they'd let me near
customers do you :-)
My qualifications and service entitle me to the letters T.Eng. if that

means
anything to you.

Nope means not a thing to me of the top of my head.

Time to curtail all this maudling moaning and imbibe some of the xmas
spirit...
Ho.Ho Ho.. what do you want for xmas little girl?
A divx dvd player?
I'll see what santa has in his sack...

I dunno what to say, all i know is i was polite throughout my dealings with
rob and aria staff, i admit at times i was a bit firm, but NEVER rude, and
thats why IMO i had excellent service from rob

Old December 24th 04, 11:59 PM
Dave

"Lordy" wrote in message
.. .
"Dave" wrote in
:

"Lordy" wrote in message
.. .
"Dave" wrote in
:

[...]

I know its not the media (have tried cheapest of the cheap princo dye based
media, prodisc dye (various version 3 and 4 disks) ritek g03 dye, ritek
g04 dye, ritek g05 dye, verbatim disks with a MCC dye and also CMC dye
based disks, some will play fine (even the princo based stuff) others skip
and pause, but all these disks play on my other dvd player and played on my
arianet 2277 which i had to return in exchange for this crystal player as
the 2277's LCD became faulty.
As for the dvd writer side of things, i own a pioneer 106 and have also
tried disks burned on a nec 3500 and it makes no difference.

Get some good quality blanks (RiDisc, Verbatim, TDK upwards), burn at 4x
for starters and see how they go?

Ridisk brand are crap, ive tried verbatim, datawrite ritek g05 dye disks
and all the other media i mentioned, all my backups of my film collection i
have rarely burned over 2x in speed, so its not that either (

Lordy

From http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=15247

Does this support DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW discs?

By Andy on 09/12/2004 16:38:43
Rob D replied: (09/12/2004 17:21:35)
Yes

I did notice that, and it would appear that it can support those formats as
some of my discs playback fine, personally i think its either a slightly
iffy dvd drive in the thing or the firmware of the thing, which does if you
play around skipping back and fourth chapters or divx or mpeg files at
times seem a bit buggy (the aspect ration goes funny and in general it
starts to throw a sissy fit). I may just pop down asda and buy a 30 odd
quid cheap pacific player just for my backed up collection.

Old December 25th 04, 12:01 AM
Dave

"Rob D" wrote in message

From http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=15247

Does this support DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW discs?

By Andy on 09/12/2004 16:38:43
Rob D replied: (09/12/2004 17:21:35)
Yes

Lordy

I'm going to double check that when I get back - the info I had at the

time
said it did - but all this talk has got me worried!

Try not to worry too much m8, im sure the person that asked you the
question would have been in contact moaning if they bought one that didnt
do as they thought
(that is off course if they did buy one!!)

Anyway, I'm off home now - Seasons greetings to you all!

You too rob, and i sincerely wish you a merry christmas and all the best in
the new year

Old December 25th 04, 12:02 AM
Dave

"Lordy" wrote in message
.. .
"Rob D" wrote in
:

I'm going to double check that when I get back - the info I had at the
time said it did - but all this talk has got me worried!

Anyway, I'm off home now - Seasons greetings to you all!

Thanks for all the hard work and help. Have a well deserved break!

The bloke works damn hard, ive never met him, or spoke to him, but just
from how he posts in here and helps people via email, you know he goes the
extra mile to help )

Old December 25th 04, 06:35 PM
Rob D

minute, remove.
Stir-fry the vegetables.
Put the meat back into the wok and adjust the seasoning.
De-glaze with sherry, cooking off the alcohol.
Add broth (optional) cook a few more minutes.
Add the cornstarch, cook a few minutes till thick,
then place the stuffing into a colander and cool;
2 hours
Wrap the rolls:
Place 3 tablespoons of stuffing in the wrap, roll tightly -
corner nearest you first, fold 2 side corners in,
wrap till remaining corner is left.
Brush with egg, seal, and allow to sit on the seal for
a few minutes.
Fry the rolls:
325° if using egg roll wraps, 350° for spring roll wraps.
Deep fry in peanut oil till crispy golden brown, drain on paper towels.

Lemon Neonate

Turkey serves just as well, and in fact even looks a bit like a
well-dressed baby. By the time you turn the child?s breast into
cutlets, it will be indistinguishable. The taste of young human,
although similar to turkey (and chicken) often can be wildly
different depending upon what he or she has consumed during its
10 to 14 months of life...

4 well chosen cutlets (from the breasts of 2 healthy neonates)
2 large lemons (fresh lemons always, if possible)
Olive oil
Green onions
Salt
pepper
cornstarch
neonate stock (chicken, or turkey stock is fine)
garlic
parsley
fresh cracked black pepper

Season and sauté the cutlets in olive oil till golden brown, remove.
Add the garlic and onions and cook down a bit.
Add some lemon juice and some zest, then de-glaze with stock.
Add a little cornstarch (dissolved in cold water) to the sauce.
You are just about there, Pour the sauce over the cutlets,
top with parsley, lemon slices and cracked pepper.
Serve with spinach salad, macaroni and cheese (homemade) and iced tea...

Spaghetti with Real Italian Meatballs

If you don?t have an expendable bambino on hand,
you can use a pound of ground pork instead.
The secret to great meatballs, is to use very l

Old December 25th 04, 06:45 PM
Dave

shell or head is not available
(such as with packaged crawfish, crab, or headless baby).
Flour
oil
onions
bell peppers
garlic salt, pepper, etc.
3 cups chicken stock
2 sticks butter
3 tablespoons oil

First stuff the heads, or make the patties (see index)
then fry or bake.
Set aside to drain on paper towels.
Make a roux with butter, oil and flour,
brown vegetables in the roux, then add chicken stock and
allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the patties or stuffed heads, and some loose crawfish,
lobster, long piglet, or what have you.
Cook on low for 15 minutes, then allow it to set for at least
15 minutes more.
Serve over steamed rice; this dish is very impressive!

Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

Babies really can be found under a cabbage leaf -
or one can arrange for ground beef to be found there instead.

8 large cabbage leaves
1 lb. lean ground newborn human filets, or ground chuck
Onions
peppers
celery
garlic
soy sauce
salt pepper, etc
Olive oil
breadcrumbs
Tomato Gravy (see index)

Boil the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes to soften.
In skillet, brown the meat in a little olive oil,
then add onions, peppers, and celery (all chopped finely)
and season well.
Place in a large bowl and cool.
Add seasoned breadcrumbs and a little of the tomato gravy,
enough to make the mixture pliable.
Divide the stuffing among the cabbage leaves then roll.
Place seam down in a bakin