Standard Terms & Conditions for new business website?

Old January 2nd 05, 06:25 PM
Jamie

Default Standard Terms & Conditions for new business website?

I'm about to launch my own website selling PCs (amongst other things.) Does
anyone know where I can obtain a standard set of Terms & Conditions for
free, which I can then personalise for my own business? Obviously, I'm not
looking to lift them straight from somebody else's business site! :0)

Many thanks in advance.
Old January 2nd 05, 11:46 PM
Dr Teeth

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 12:25:47 -0600, Jamie wrote:

Does
anyone know where I can obtain a standard set of Terms & Conditions for
free, which I can then personalise for my own business?

Even if you could get a standard set, you'd need legal advice for the
personalisation. I am not a lawyer, but I am not sure if published
T&Cs are copyrighted or not.

Good luck in your venture.
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old January 3rd 05, 06:32 PM
bill

"Jamie" wrote in message
. ..
I'm about to launch my own website selling PCs (amongst other things.)

Does
anyone know where I can obtain a standard set of Terms & Conditions for
free, which I can then personalise for my own business? Obviously, I'm not
looking to lift them straight from somebody else's business site! :0)

Many thanks in advance.

T&Cs for what? T&Cs for the sales? or T&Cs for useage of the site?

Old January 4th 05, 06:33 PM
Jamie

"bill" wrote:

Does anyone know where I can obtain a standard set of Terms & Conditions
for free, which I can then personalise for my own business?

T&Cs for what? T&Cs for the sales? or T&Cs for useage of the site?

Terms & Conditions for the sales, which would ecompass the return of goods.
One example would be the "Terms & Conditions" at the bottom of
Microdirect's homepage.

I suppose the (less legal-sounding) alternative would be a clearly stated
returns policy. Does anyone have any thoughts as to the best option,
please?

I'm looking to cover myself, as try as I might, I won't necessarily be able
to please all my customers all the time. I guess the idea of these terms is
it's good for both parties to know where they stand before a transaction is
entered into.

And thanks for your advice, Dr Teeth/Guy.

J.

Old January 6th 05, 12:41 AM
bill

"Jamie" wrote in message
. ..
"bill" wrote:

[...]

basically you can write any "returns policy" you like, as a retailer who has
supplied the goods in accordance with the SOGA has no obligation to accept
return of any goods, unless the goods fail to meet the "fit for purpose/of
satisfactory quality/as described" set out in the SOGA, also you must accept
returns of any unwanted goods within 7 days of delivery under the DSR
(however you can add your own T&Cs regarding the condition of the returned
goods and who has to pay for return)

basically you can write anything that does not contravene these laws and you
should add at the bottom "these do not effect your statutory rights"

also if you write your own T&Cs and want them check out for free, email them
to your local Trading Standards and they will look over them for nothing
(they are there to advise businesses as well as consumers)

Old January 6th 05, 07:27 PM
Jamie

"bill" wrote

[...]

Thanks, Bill. That's very helpful advice.

Cheers

Jamie