Dabs Woe Order 4341308

Old August 27th 03, 11:37 AM
Johnny Ace

Default Dabs Woe Order 4341308

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of Dabs.com, where they love
to answer questions you didn't ask and try their hardest not to answer
the ones that you did. For example, if you asked them: "How are you?"
you would get an answer "I don't know about that, but I love fishing
in Wales!"
The "Customer Service Executives" (as they call themselves) seem to
live in an "Alice In Wonderland"-like world. They will try to be as
useless as possible without being too rude.
To cut a long story short I have an order placed with Dabs that is
over a month old and was supposed to be shipped about 3 weeks ago, and
having emailed them about 20 times I have managed to find out that one
of the items is still out of stock and they will contact me as soon as
they get it. When asked when that would be, I got "as soon as we can"
response. This to me means two things: either the guys at Dabs have
not got a clue about stock level control or they just can't be
bothered with non-corporate customers.

Either way it sucks!

Order you laptop elsewhere before the guys from Dabs get hold of your
money! After that you are in trouble!

"Mike Breach" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I'm posting in the hope that someone from Dabs CS reads this. It has been 5
hours since their last mail.

Last week I received a flyer from Dabs offering me an IBM r40e at a good
price. So on Saturday morning I placed an order, making use of the 'Buy now
pay next year' offer. I made my credit application, which was approved,
printed off the contract signed it and returned it to Dabs.

On my order confirmation I noticed that the delivery address for the laptop
had defaulted to my home address. Like most people I work during the week
and it is more convenient for stuff to be shipped to my office. With that I
mind I sent an email to CS that basically read - 'Is it possible to change
the delivery address at this stage? My work address is more convenient'.

At midday today I received this reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your email.
The order could not be amended at the pick stage therefore I have
cancelled, you need to place a new order with the correct
details.

Regards
_____

Stella Higham
Customer Services Executive
dabs.com plc

All I asked was 'Can the delivery address be changed?', not to cancel it.
Do they really mean that I have to go through the hassle of applying for
credit again?

thanks in advance,

MikeB

Old August 27th 03, 09:38 PM
Hadenman

GB wrote:

Does Stella have a reading disability? Is she merely grossly
incompetent? Or does she have a really horrible sense of humour?
Alas, we will never know.

Well, interestingly enough, she's been working at Dabs for nearly three
years at least so someone there must think she's OK... :-)

Hadenman

ps. No, I'm not stalking her, I just put her name into Google groups search.