Formatting Hard Drive

Old August 24th 03, 09:18 PM
Damian Horn

Default Formatting Hard Drive

Hi,

Im trying to format my hard drive but in all honesty have no idea how to do
it. Can anyone help? Im running XP.

Thanks in advance,
Damian

Old August 24th 03, 10:08 PM
db

"Damian Horn" wrote in message
Hi,

Im trying to format my hard drive but in all honesty have no idea how to

do
it. Can anyone help? Im running XP.

Thanks in advance,
Damian

Go to Administrative Tools, select Storage and Disk Management
You'll be able to see all your hard drives and their partitions.
Select the partition you want to format, right click and choose format.

Old August 24th 03, 11:42 PM
Doug Holtz

"Damian Horn" wrote in message
Hi,

Im trying to format my hard drive but in all honesty have no idea how to

do
it. Can anyone help? Im running XP.

Thanks in advance,
Damian

Why do you want to do something you don't know anything about? A format
will give you a computer you can't use; there is NO DATA or programs left.
If that's what you want, go for it. However, I think you are mistaken. The
other poster told you what to do.

Doug

Old August 25th 03, 12:20 AM
Oh Well

|=20
| Why do you want to do something you don't know anything about? A =
format
| will give you a computer you can't use; there is NO DATA or programs =
left.
| If that's what you want, go for it. However, I think you are =
mistaken. The
| other poster told you what to do.
|=20
| Doug
|=20

Could be for the same reason I did it the first time and probably you =
too. To learn how. Is a good learning tool

Oh Well...................

Old August 26th 03, 02:05 AM
S.Heenan

Damian Horn wrote:
Hi,

Im trying to format my hard drive but in all honesty have no idea how
to do it. Can anyone help? Im running XP.

Thanks in advance,
Damian

This is a good tutorial:

The procedure is very similar for older Microsoft operating systems.
If you decide to format your hard drive, make certain to backup any
important data first.
--
Winerr 012 - Cash Underflow - Credit Card Number Will Be Assimilated