Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 256MB DDR Problems!!!

Old January 8th 04, 12:14 AM
Eric Glaister

Default Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 256MB DDR Problems!!!

Recently built a new machine and purchased a Sapphire 9600XT with 256 MB
DDR. The card is great except for the fact that I cannot play any of my
games without crashing. I have tried using the older catalyst versions from
3.6 to the new 3.10 and have had no luck at all.

I sent an e-mail to Electronic Arts Support and they informed me that ATI is
aware of the problem and should be working on a fix and to use the Catalyst
3.7 drivers until then. Even with these drivers I am unable to play my
games.

If anyone has seen or experienced these problems or has a suggestion any
help would be appreciated.

Machine specs

Asus P4P800 Motherboard
Intel P4C 3.2Ghz
Sapphire Radeon 9600XT with 256MB DDR
1GB PC3200 DDR
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platnium
Linksys Wireless-G Network card
Sony CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive

Old January 8th 04, 03:03 AM
John Hall

Make sure that your motherboard chipset drivers are installed and uptodate,
including the all important AGP drivers. Then make sure that you have the
latest DirectX 9 installed, and then install the latest ATI 3.10 drivers.
Assuming your hardware is not defective, you should be good to go then.

JK

Old January 8th 04, 04:45 PM
Jordan Woolley

Recently built a new machine and purchased a Sapphire 9600XT with 256 MB
DDR. The card is great except for the fact that I cannot play any of my
games without crashing. I have tried using the older catalyst versions

from
3.6 to the new 3.10 and have had no luck at all.

I sent an e-mail to Electronic Arts Support and they informed me that ATI

is
aware of the problem and should be working on a fix and to use the

Catalyst
3.7 drivers until then. Even with these drivers I am unable to play my
games.

If anyone has seen or experienced these problems or has a suggestion any
help would be appreciated.

I too have this card and also have memory issues with it. It would
constantly reboot my computer, and the blue screen errors I got (having
turned off automatic rebooting in windows) always pointed to faulty memory.
Having removed the graphics card, my computer runs fine, so it would seem
that my product is defective.

Having spoken to Sapphire tech support, they informed me to try installing
new VIA chipset drivers, etc, but these did not help. They then said to try
the new Catalyst drivers which were due out yesterday, and if they did not
work then to return the card. The drivers never were released yesterday, and
I am convinced that the memory is faulty on this card, so I am returning it
for a replacement.

If you look back about a week you will be able to find my post to this
newsgroup (and others) concerning this problem.

Old January 12th 04, 05:02 PM
John Smith

Here in the UK the shipment date for these cards keeps going back so I
wonder if this is because they suspect a hardware problem and are trying to
fix it before shipment?

J.