asus wifi

Old June 4th 04, 08:41 PM
Glen

Start by removing zonealarm from both Pcs. Remove them so you are sure no
componants are running. If you are worried about getting hacked from the net
disable your internet connection untill you get the PCs talking to each
other. Then run XPs Internet connection sharing wizard on the host computer
that's the one with the modem and internet connection. Then either create a
folder on the host computer and call it share or something or share an
existing folder. Do that by right clicking the folder and chosing sharing
and security and put a tick in the relevent boxes. On the client computer
run the internet connection sharing wizard and make sure you have at least
one folder shared like the host computer. As long as the ICS wizards
complete and don't say error you should be able to see the shared folder on
each computer. Once you can see the folders you can reconect you modem and
get the internet connection shared.

Make sure the XP firewall is turned off on both computers and plug you modem
back in. Make sure your host computer can get on the net OK. Once your host
is online open the browser on the client computer and see if it can get onto
the net. If you find that the computers can see each other but the client
can't get online leave the internet connection on and run the ICS on both
computers again starting with the host, then the client.

If you have done everything I said you should have the net on both
computers. You can now reinstall ZoneAlarm on the host computer. After
reinstalling zonealarm make sure both computers can still get on the net.
You have to configure zonealarm for ICS but its not hard. I use it and I
have a setup like yours. Try what I've said and repost with results.

Glen

"notritenoteri" wrote in message
It is possible the the order in which you do things is important and that
you really clean up before you try re-installing. I know certain USB
drivers require a manual search and flush to get rid of all drivers and
references in the Registry.

Lots of luck tell us how it comes out.
"Rocky" wrote in message

"notritenoteri" wrote in message
news
what flavour of OS you running? Xp has a wizard for internet

connections.

XP Prof.

I have ran the Asus installer, and also the XP home networking ICS
installer, still no joy. I am giving up and going to get somebody around

who
has done this before. Grrrrrrrr.

--
Rocky