Asus P4C800-E Deluxe SATA

Old May 26th 04, 12:07 AM
ME

Default Asus P4C800-E Deluxe SATA

Hello,
Well, it is back up again. Had to go back to one of my old 40 GB
Maxtor's as the new 160 GB Sata drive died, unknown if by the power supply
or just failure I can only guess but Maxtor is kind and is sending me a
replacement. I got an allied 300 Watt for now and will get a Antec True or
perhaps Enermax? I hear a lot of good about them.
I'd like some one to double check me my reading of the Asus manual. As I
read it, you can hook a device up to the SATA1 & SATA2 onboard connecters no
problem, (I've run one drive already without issue) but you can only use one
of the "SATA RAID" onboard connectors if you are not going to run a RAID
setup or if you plan to use the primary RAID connector. And if you want to
use the RAID controller at all you must load the right driver(of course).
Do I got it right? I plan on trying as I found out that MSI is making a
SATA CD-RW/DVD combo drive and my main online source has some I can get one
for about $55.00. Rather nice looking kit. With that and one more SATA drive
I can remove all my IDE type drive's and cables from the box. Anyone using
MSI and offer opinions? I'd have two hard drives and this cd-rw/dvd -w-
Alcohols 120's "software" cd-rom drive.
ME

Old May 26th 04, 05:40 PM
niceguy

as fpr power supply i have this one

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/pdf/Beautiful_Beast.pdf

their web site:
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/home.htm

note i find any power supply less than 400 watts on the p4c800 (all of
them ) will damages the system

.. .

Old May 26th 04, 05:52 PM
ME

Hello niceguy
Thanks for the info I'll go check it out. I will offer that over the
past few weeks this has gone on, I've got emails saying that a 300 Watt is
fine as long as your not running a lot of drives and the like as I was (and
will be once a real power supply is available). I hope to order one today.
ME

Old May 27th 04, 04:20 AM
snoopy

OYE VAY!!!

Get a great case AND power supply for half the price...
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...129-115&depa=0

Got one and it's powering a ton of stuff with a P4C800-E Dlx motherboard.
No power problems.

"niceguy" wrote in message
as fpr power supply i have this one

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/pdf/Beautiful_Beast.pdf

their web site:
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/home.htm

note i find any power supply less than 400 watts on the p4c800 (all of
them ) will damages the system

.. .

Old June 4th 04, 09:47 PM
Ken

On Tue, 25 May 2004 18:07:04 -0500, "ME"
wrote:

Well, it is back up again. Had to go back to one of my old 40 GB
Maxtor's as the new 160 GB Sata drive died, unknown if by the power supply
or just failure I can only guess but Maxtor is kind and is sending me a
replacement. I got an allied 300 Watt for now and will get a Antec True
or perhaps Enermax? I hear a lot of good about them.

You need a good 450W - 550W unit.