P4P800 SATA RAID problems

Old January 4th 04, 05:56 AM
moe32things

Default P4P800 SATA RAID problems

I have a P4P800 and two Maxtor 6Y200M0 SATA drives and I'm trying to run them in RAID 0 and have all the correct settings in the BIOS but still never see the "press CTRL+I for RAID configuration", so I found the program on the cd and put it on a floppy and ran it, but I only see one of my drives when both are connected. But if i connect each one individually I see it, but never both together. If someone could help me out that would be great.

TIA,
Tim
Old January 4th 04, 06:17 AM
dazed-and-confused

I've got a P4C800-E Deluxe but yours may be similar... Hope it helps!

On this Board you need to connect to the SATA1 and SATA2 connectors
and in the BIOS set:

Onboard IDE Operate Mode [Enhanced Mode]
Enhanced Mode Support On [S-ATA]
Configure S-ATA as RAID [Yes] ---
Serial ATA BOOTROM [Enabled] ---- these get you the CTRL+I
prompt

Old January 4th 04, 06:33 AM
moe32things

I have those settings and still never get the ctrl+I prompt. I'm not sure what the deal is with that, but thanks for the help

RAID 0 problems no spam Homebuilt PC's 0 April 30th 04 06:18 PM
Upgraded to PC3200 RAM, now system is slower??? pberry Overclocking AMD Processors 11 April 12th 04 01:36 PM
difference in onboard SATA RAID versus card George General 3 March 1st 04 07:20 PM
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard - SATA RAID - How many hard drives Thomas Frayne Homebuilt PC's 0 November 26th 03 05:15 PM
DAW & Windows XP RAID Tips, ProTools error -9086 Giganews Asus Motherboards 0 October 24th 03 06:45 AM