LG GCC 4480B - firmware upgrade question

Old November 19th 04, 07:02 AM
Libor Striz

Default LG GCC 4480B - firmware upgrade question

Hello,

is firmware upgrade for CDRW/DVD combo worthy to try it?
My current one is 1.00, on their site is 1.02.
Nothing special is written about firmware history,
just sth about better work with CD-R.

--
"Libor the Wanderer"

Any supposed offense is because of bad english or idea formulation
and was not intended in any way.

ForPrivateResponseRemoveDelAndThisFromAboveAddress .
Old November 19th 04, 09:01 AM
Graham Mayor

If you have no problems with your writer, its software or the media you use
with it then it's an answer to a problem that you don't have.
Given that there is some potential for crippling the writer during the
update process don't fix it if it ain't broken.

--

Graham Mayor

Old November 19th 04, 06:32 PM
Libor Striz

Graham Mayor Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:01:12 -0000
wrote ...

If you have no problems with your writer, its software or the media you use
with it then it's an answer to a problem that you don't have.
Given that there is some potential for crippling the writer during the
update process don't fix it if it ain't broken.

I agree with you, I like saying "do not touch running system".
I do not have troubles with it.
I would upgrade only if there is significant improvement in available
features, it could be second reason to upgrade..........

Old November 19th 04, 06:57 PM
Graham Mayor

The firmware is likely merely to widen the matching to a wider range of
media.

--

Graham Mayor

Old November 20th 04, 07:42 AM
Libor Striz

Graham Mayor Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:57:20 -0000
wrote ...

The firmware is likely merely to widen the matching to a wider range of
media.

What does it stands for ? New kinds ? Or new brands only, having
problems with them before ?

Old November 20th 04, 10:20 AM
Graham Mayor

Libor Striz wrote:
Graham Mayor Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:57:20 -0000
wrote ...

The firmware is likely merely to widen the matching to a wider range
of media.

What does it stands for ? New kinds ? Or new brands only, having
problems with them before ?

If you are desparate for this 'upgrade', despite the fact that you claim you
have not encountered any problems, ask LG exactly what it corrects.

--

Graham Mayor

Old November 20th 04, 12:25 PM
Libor Striz

Graham Mayor Sat, 20 Nov 2004 09:20:51 -0000
wrote ...

Libor Striz wrote:
Graham Mayor Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:57:20 -0000
wrote ...

The firmware is likely merely to widen the matching to a wider range
of media.

What does it stands for ? New kinds ? Or new brands only, having
problems with them before ?

If you are desparate for this 'upgrade', despite the fact that you claim you
have not encountered any problems, ask LG exactly what it corrects.

I will ask them. Thanks for all your replies.

--
"Libor the Wanderer"

Any supposed offense is because of bad english or idea formulation
and was not intended in any way.

ForPrivateResponseRemoveDelAndThisFromAboveAddress .

My first motherboard upgrade: Question Grady Overclocking AMD Processors 3 January 9th 05 04:25 AM
Video Card Upgrade Question Jack Bruss Homebuilt PC's 3 February 27th 04 04:26 PM
upgrade question rays Homebuilt PC's 3 February 22nd 04 11:57 PM
upgrade question? Justice General 1 October 31st 03 02:39 PM
Update Firmware? Morgan Cdr 9 July 20th 03 10:12 PM