Error message at bootup - Gearsec (XP Pro)

Old September 25th 04, 10:06 PM
Arawak

Default Error message at bootup - Gearsec (XP Pro)

Error message at bootup - Gearsec (XP Pro)
When I boot into XP Pro, I get a error message dialog box advising me
that Gearsec has encountered a problem and needs to close. The only
thing I have noticed with my system since this message started poppong
up is that although my system as well as EZCD DVD Media Center sees
both my 2 DVD+/- drives (Plextor DVDR PX-708A/Lite-On DVDRW
SOHW-812S), the latest copy of Nero is unable to find the Plextor
drive. Up to this point I have used Nero with the Plextor drive
without any problems.
Any help or suggestion appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Arawak
Old September 26th 04, 06:03 AM
Mike Richter

Arawak wrote:
Error message at bootup - Gearsec (XP Pro)
When I boot into XP Pro, I get a error message dialog box advising me
that Gearsec has encountered a problem and needs to close. The only
thing I have noticed with my system since this message started poppong
up is that although my system as well as EZCD DVD Media Center sees
both my 2 DVD+/- drives (Plextor DVDR PX-708A/Lite-On DVDRW
SOHW-812S), the latest copy of Nero is unable to find the Plextor
drive. Up to this point I have used Nero with the Plextor drive
without any problems.
Any help or suggestion appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Arawak

gearsec.exe is the engine for Gear - a CD mastering program with years
of mixed history.

If you google gearsec, you'll get quite a good deal of information -
some 3950 hits as I'm posting this. At a guess, you have Gear installed
but need to update the version.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/