Plays but doesn't record

Old November 12th 03, 09:23 PM
Fitz

Default Plays but doesn't record

I realize this isn't a dvd forum, but I gotten no replies from their
newsgroups. Although this applies to a DVD -RW, I'm hoping someone has seen
these symptoms in a CDRW. Here's the post from the DVD newsgroup:

Trying to help a friend. He has a dvd rw- (I don't know the brand) that will
play pre-recorded dvd's, but will not recognize nor record blank media. His
system is a basic eMachine (AMD 2600 w/512MB PC2700. Two harddrives on IDE 0
and the dvd rw as Master on IDE 1). At first there was no Recording tab in
Properties of the drive. I had him ForceASPI and run aspicheck- all good.
Then edited registry to make WinXP recognize the drive as a recordable
device...there is now a Recording tab in properties. Device Manager shows no
conflicts (this device is working properly). The computer will still not
record to the drive...if he puts in blank media (tried three different
brands), the drive spins constantly, gives no error messages, but will go no
further. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanx,
Fitz

--
Out going mail scanned with NAV and