problem with nero 5.5

Old September 7th 03, 02:18 PM
Adam

Default problem with nero 5.5

Hi.

My problem is that when I click on Nero 5.5 it wont open and a windows
message stating that another programme is using imapi please close.
I close this in windows task manager and then try opening nero again. This
results in my system shutting down and re booting.
Windows states that it has recovered from a fatal error and cycle begins
again. I keep uninstalling and re installing but still the same problem.
I have not had any errors with nero 5.5 in the past with the same system.
Im using windows XP home with service pack 1 and all the updates.
The other cd burning software is in XP itself. I turned that off but still
the same problem. I also have the free real player installed that has some
burning software built in but I've never used that.
I tried nero 6 free demo and that worked but has now expired......
Any help to get nero working again would be appreciated

Old September 7th 03, 07:10 PM
smh

Adam wrote:

[...]

See if there is a setting in Real to disable the burn plugin.

Turn off xp's IMAPI:

Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Services, and
double-click "IMAPI CD Burning", click Stop, then set "Startup type" as
"Disabled".

Old September 8th 03, 11:19 AM
Camper

"Adam" wrote in message
[...]

If it is not too late have you tried restoring your xp to a restore point
before this problem started? It sounds like a conflict with some files in
your operating system. Any other application that you installed about the
time this happened? ie dvd or video player.