Can't burn CD in Nero with new Pioneer DVR-106D

Old November 23rd 03, 02:57 PM
Witchsmeller Jason

Default Can't burn CD in Nero with new Pioneer DVR-106D

Hi,

I've just removed my Cyberdrive CD-RW drive & replaced it with a pioneer
DVR-106D (multi CD / DVD writer), the drive works fine and I've
successfully backed up a DVD (DVD X Copy) & written data files to CD using
Windows XP.

Nero 5.5.5.6, however, doesn't seem to see the drive as a CD burner & I'm
unable to use it to burn CDs! When I select 'Recorder' - 'Choose
recorder' from the tool bar the only option available is 'Image Recorder'
which is a virtual device & when I follow the usual steps to write a CD I
can, obviously, only create an image. I've exhausted all the toolbar
options but nothing seems to work!

Another strange thing is that when I choose the option to copy a CD, it
lists both drives as a 'source' option, so it can obviously see the drive.
Does anyone know how I can get Nero to see my drive as a CD writer. I don't
want to put the old CD writer back in as I've already put it into my Linux
box, any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jason.
Old November 23rd 03, 03:54 PM
harston

Download the latest Nero version. I have the same problem with my TEAC
and old nero.

Old November 23rd 03, 04:39 PM
Witchsmeller Jason

harston wrote in
news

Download the latest Nero version. I have the same problem with my TEAC
and old nero.

Harston,

Many thanks, works fine now! Should've thought of that myself.

Jason

Troubles with Nero 5.5.6.4 and Multisession Cd Roberto General 0 November 1st 03 10:08 PM
primary slave drive fails (after bug with nero image drive) Jean General 1 October 8th 03 02:33 PM
Decent support contact for PIONEER? Phrederik General 1 August 30th 03 04:31 AM
Slow down CD burn? jmazz General 2 August 9th 03 02:18 PM
LG CDRW & Nero 5.5.9.9? Gareth Church General 2 July 10th 03 04:55 AM