Confused about MB/CPU compatibility

Old October 20th 03, 09:22 PM
Frank Dreyfus

Default Confused about MB/CPU compatibility

Hi,

I just bought an ECS K7VTA3 mb with an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ Socket A
Thoroughbred Tray Processor.

This was a bundled item from outpost.com so I assume the two are
compatible.

But the terminology is confusing me.

The mb manual lists jumper settings for various cpu's. The options are
100mhz, 133mhz and 166mhz.

But the cpu is listed as 266mhz fsb.

How do I reconcile these? What jumper setting would be correct? Is
there are disparity in terminology cpu speed and fsb?

Thanks, Frank

Old October 20th 03, 09:26 PM
CHRIS 159

"Frank Dreyfus" wrote in message
. 3.3...
Hi,

I just bought an ECS K7VTA3 mb with an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ Socket A
Thoroughbred Tray Processor.

This was a bundled item from outpost.com so I assume the two are
compatible.

But the terminology is confusing me.

The mb manual lists jumper settings for various cpu's. The options are
100mhz, 133mhz and 166mhz.

But the cpu is listed as 266mhz fsb.

How do I reconcile these? What jumper setting would be correct? Is
there are disparity in terminology cpu speed and fsb?

you want the 133 option. the 266 is ddr (double data rate)

Old October 20th 03, 09:30 PM
Frank Dreyfus

"CHRIS 159" wrote in
:

"Frank Dreyfus" wrote in message
. 3.3...
Hi,

I just bought an ECS K7VTA3 mb with an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ Socket A
Thoroughbred Tray Processor.

This was a bundled item from outpost.com so I assume the two are
compatible.

But the terminology is confusing me.

The mb manual lists jumper settings for various cpu's. The options
are 100mhz, 133mhz and 166mhz.

But the cpu is listed as 266mhz fsb.

How do I reconcile these? What jumper setting would be correct? Is
there are disparity in terminology cpu speed and fsb?

you want the 133 option. the 266 is ddr (double data rate)

Thanks for the help and the quick reply.

Frank