Ran mem test

Old August 27th 03, 03:06 AM
ParanoiaBOTS

Default Ran mem test

Ok lol...I just ran memtest on my sys for 9 hrs. Was wondering if
....lol... if 28000 errors is good?

Getting an RMA and shipping the ram tommorrow.
Seriously tho my pc has had a prob with crashing progs, and randomly
rebooting would this be the prob?

ParanoiaBOTS

Old August 27th 03, 03:54 AM
S.Heenan

ParanoiaBOTS wrote:
Ok lol...I just ran memtest on my sys for 9 hrs. Was wondering if
...lol... if 28000 errors is good?

Getting an RMA and shipping the ram tommorrow.
Seriously tho my pc has had a prob with crashing progs, and randomly
rebooting would this be the prob?

ParanoiaBOTS

Kony was on the money there.Yep, 28K is a good number of errors. Was that
both sticks in dual-channel mode or one module (not that it matters much) ?
--
Winerr 012 - Cash Underflow - Credit Card Number Will Be Assimilated

Old August 27th 03, 04:29 AM
nospam

both in dual channel

Thanks for all the help guys,

ParanoiaBOTS

In another post, you said your MB was a Refurb from newegg, correct?
Maybe it's not the RAM, but the motherboard.

BUT - try the RAM out of dual-channel mode. It may just be that your RAM brand
+ Asus is a bad combo, and you cannot use dual-channel.
If so, it's not a big loss, only a few percent difference in speed.

"S.Heenan" wrote in message
. ..

Old August 29th 03, 01:41 AM
El Deevo

BUT - try the RAM out of dual-channel mode. It may just be that your RAM

brand
+ Asus is a bad combo, and you cannot use dual-channel.
If so, it's not a big loss, only a few percent difference in speed.

I've wondered about this. What are the performance benefits of say Dual
Channel DDR 400 Mhz RAM over running the same chips in Single Channel? Does
it depend on the application, OS, etc?

Old August 31st 03, 05:07 PM
S.Heenan

El Deevo wrote:
BUT - try the RAM out of dual-channel mode. It may just be that your
RAM brand + Asus is a bad combo, and you cannot use dual-channel.
If so, it's not a big loss, only a few percent difference in speed.

I've wondered about this. What are the performance benefits of say
Dual Channel DDR 400 Mhz RAM over running the same chips in Single
Channel? Does it depend on the application, OS, etc?

On an Nforce2 board, dual channel really only helps when the motherboard has
onboard video. Otherwise it's a less than 2% increase in memory bandwidth.
Newer Intel chipsets in dual-channel config can make better use of the extra
bandwidth.
--
Winerr 012 - Cash Underflow - Credit Card Number Will Be Assimilated

test pls disregard Rick D. General 1 August 22nd 03 05:49 AM
TEST Tony Absolom General 0 August 4th 03 09:40 AM
test Oskar Lissheim General 0 July 30th 03 11:57 PM
Hang on Memtest86 Test 4, What Next? Jared Warren General 0 July 11th 03 06:17 PM
test curious General 0 July 8th 03 12:33 AM