New ATI Radeon drivers cause windows screens (XP, 2K and ME) to go blank after boot on Compaq EVO N600C laptop

Old April 21st 04, 02:04 PM
Asestar

Why are you screwing around so much?
Eh, because Ati has current drivers that solve many issues, and increase
performance.

You are loading ATI drivers on a LAPTOP ??
For what? Laptops don't use standard video card drivers.

So what? I've used Catalyst drivers (Manual selecting, Radeon 9000 series)
on my MobilityRadeon9000 that came with Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo-D8820 for over
a year now. Using cat 3.5 - 4.4, no problems ever!

And my new Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D 1840, with 128mb Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro
(375/320) uses catalyst 4.2 drivers , without any problems so far.

Old April 21st 04, 10:15 PM
David Kehler

I have had a similar problem with a 4.4 Omega drivers and my Radeon
9600 Pro. The 4.4 drivers seem to cause my monitor to lose the video
signal and go into sleep mode randomly. This happens both in 2-D and
3-D modes. Switching back to the 4.3 Omega drivers fixes the problem.

I tried enabling and disabling fast writes, but it didn't seem to have
any effect.

David
Old April 22nd 04, 07:01 PM
Charles Waters

With all due respect Johns, I like to screw around with my laptop. I'm no
novice. This was a really odd problem and your solution did not work for me.
I am a tech. In fact, I teach techs. Thank you for your advice though.

"johns" wrote in message

Okay, this is weird. I don't know if my kids did something or what.

Sure is weird. Why are you screwing around so much? You
are loading ATI drivers on a LAPTOP ?? For what? Laptops
don't use standard video card drivers. For pete's sake reimage
the thing and be done with it. I get called on site, and I find
stuff like this all the time. Holy Cat! I just give up when I see
this. I know that fixing it is not going to stop the kludging, and
I'm going to get called back a dozen times until I blow my top
and tell the user to stop it ! For heavens sake call a tech, and
quit fooling around.

johns