Presario 1200 Display Frame

Old January 3rd 04, 01:41 AM
the yeti

Default Presario 1200 Display Frame

All right, I have a Presario 12xl526. Celeron 733, 320MB RAM.
Origionally came with ME. ME was riddled with problems, so it was
decided to format and reinstall. I figured I would try XP, see if the
system could handel it. It did pretty good, except for 1 problem, a 1
inch frame around the display. Resolution is set at 800x600. Of course
this Computer was designed for 2k or ME so there are no Compaq drivers
available for XP. I search and tried some other ones, no luck. Ok,
so now back to the begining. I am currently installing 2k and while
it is still installing, I have the same problem, a 1 inch black frame
around the 800x600 display. It is actually 1 inch on the top and
bottom, and about 1/4 inch on each side, looks like I am watching a
DVD in Widescreen format. I tried pressing Fn+T, but that didn't
work. There are no options in the limited BIOS to change.

Any help here would be greatly appricated, this Laptop should work in
full screen mode.

PS.

When ME was installed, it did the "widescreen" thing while it booted,
but as soon as the OS was up it went to fullscreen.

TIA

Jeremy
Old January 3rd 04, 03:01 AM
Tom Scales

Isn't the native screen resolution 1024x768? Laptops don't handle other
resolutions and your symptom is a resolution under the optimum one.

Tom
om...

Old January 3rd 04, 11:37 AM
Tom Cular

FWIW, I have a 12XL300 that originally ran ME and now has 2K running fine at
800x600 with the Trident Cyberblade i1, the driver is trid3dm.sys, version
5.00.2185.32 from MS. Try the Win 2K update site for the appropriate driver
for the XL526.

Tom

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
Isn't the native screen resolution 1024x768? Laptops don't handle other
resolutions and your symptom is a resolution under the optimum one.

Tom
om...

Old January 3rd 04, 06:07 PM
the yeti

Yeah, I am feeling a bit stupid. The native resolution is 1024x768,
and 800x600 causes the "widescreen" It's weird, and I didn't catch it
right away, because ME was running at 800x600, but full screen. For
whatever reason XP didn't have the refresh rate right in the XP
driver, so It wouldnt let me go to that resolution, but 2k is fine.

Pardon my ignorance

wifi max Asus Motherboards 1 February 25th 04 10:36 PM
Display Drivers for a Compaq Presario 1200 1200-xl110 Harry Edwards Compaq Computers 5 December 10th 03 05:24 AM
Presario 1270 display question... Michael Brown Compaq Computers 0 November 25th 03 02:31 AM
CATALYST™ Release Notes Version 3.8 Pluvious Ati Videocards 17 October 12th 03 03:40 PM
Presario 1250 monitor in Presario 1200? Jaban Compaq Computers 0 July 5th 03 12:10 AM