still got performance problems with P4P800-E and Prescott

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 28th 04, 07:52 PM
Johnny

Default still got performance problems with P4P800-E and Prescott

This is a repost as the other didn't appear so if it pops up twice, sorry.

I posted a while ago the dismal performance I'm getting with this board and
a Prescott 3.0ghz cpu with 2 x 512K crucial 2-2-2-5 ddr400 memory. I've
noticed the passmark cpu tests give significant differences but not entirely
sure if that's not unusual - is it possible the cpu or motherboard is faulty
even though the system works albeit relatively slowly. This thing has me
totally flummoxed and perplexed. I've swapped out a power supply from
another machine with no change (don't know why but thought it might be a
power issue). I haven't got access to another 800FSB cpu to compare and not
sure I'll get any sense out of the tech support as it is actually working
which is frustrating in the extreme. If I select turbo mode the board dies -
it literally blacks out completely requiring a hard power off to get bios
back with the post message that overclocking failed??? I'm really getting
****ed off with this now - is it likely the cpu or mainboard are faulty or
just a combo of the two, who knows?