Epson R320 in W10?

Old December 20th 19, 01:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Epson R320 in W10?

Has anyone ever got the Epson R320 printer to work in W10?
I can't find any drivers for it. My R320 only seems to wanna work in
W7.
xxxxx
Old December 20th 19, 05:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

wrote:
Has anyone ever got the Epson R320 printer to work in W10?
I can't find any drivers for it. My R320 only seems to wanna work in
W7.
xxxxx

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/S...dows+10+64-bit

Printer Driver +

Windows 10 In-box

That means the OS pulls the driver from Windows Update,
once it detects the device.

The manual indicates it's a USB printer, so you could
look in Device Manager (right-click start, Device Manager),
find the "item" for it in the USB section maybe, and
select "Update Driver").

But this hardly counts as "printing", because for fancy
photo-grade printers, the bigger software package
frequently makes a difference to print quality and
print options. My $50 inkjet works better with
its manufacturer package, because some of the
"print option selections" are in separate software.

What a "basic" print driver should allow, is maybe
printing a PDF and getting some half-hearted color
out of it. It's enough to do an "ink test", but may
not have a setting for "coated paper type X" or
"coated paper type Y".

It's the same with sound drivers. The basic HDAudio
sound driver in Win10, yes you get sound. But if
you wanted "concert theater reverb", a cheesy
special effect, the Realtek driver and panel might
be better to get the cheesy effect from the thing
(a software-based special effect).

Paul

Adjust Epson R320? [email protected] Printers 1 June 24th 09 12:51 PM
Network Epson R320? gecko Printers 1 June 5th 08 07:00 PM
Question on Epson R320 MES Jones Printers 5 March 3rd 06 06:39 AM
Epson R300 or R320? geezer General 5 April 4th 05 12:31 PM
Epson R320 Print Quality Nameless One Printers 5 March 19th 05 08:54 AM