Who do SVP use for shipping?

Old December 12th 03, 10:11 AM
Microstar

Default Who do SVP use for shipping?

I'm thinking of putting an order into SVP. Have ordered from them in
the past, but can't remember who they use for shipping large items. Is
it CityLink? (I now don't order from any company that uses CityLink
because of horrendous problems in the past).
I know I could e-mail SVP and ask them - but I'll probably get a quicker
answer on here!

Thanks.

Old December 12th 03, 10:47 AM
Gaz

" I'm thinking of putting an order into SVP. Have ordered from them in
the past, but can't remember who they use for shipping large items. Is
it CityLink? (I now don't order from any company that uses CityLink
because of horrendous problems in the past).
I know I could e-mail SVP and ask them - but I'll probably get a quicker
answer on here!

They use Interlink here who always manage to lose one box if there are 10 or
more boxes in an order, the lost one invariably turning up a day late:-)

Strangely City Link are the best of all the couriers in this area, I guess a
lot depends on the staff at the local depot and if they are a franchise or
not.

As for e-mail replies from SVP, think you would be impressed, never wait
more than an hour normally, maybe 5 - 6 hours on a Sunday.

Old December 12th 03, 10:52 AM
John Blundell

In article , Microstar
writes
I'm thinking of putting an order into SVP. Have ordered from them in
the past, but can't remember who they use for shipping large items. Is
it CityLink? (I now don't order from any company that uses CityLink
because of horrendous problems in the past).
I know I could e-mail SVP and ask them - but I'll probably get a
quicker answer on here!

They have a telephone, and they do answer it.

Surely the sensible think is to speak to them and tell them your
concerns. I imagine that if you explain to them, they will try to come
up with a solution to suit you.

It's quick, simple and effective. Give it a try.

--
John Blundell
Old December 12th 03, 12:43 PM
Microstar

John Blundell wrote:
In article , Microstar
writes

I'm thinking of putting an order into SVP. Have ordered from them in
the past, but can't remember who they use for shipping large items.
Is it CityLink? (I now don't order from any company that uses CityLink
because of horrendous problems in the past).
I know I could e-mail SVP and ask them - but I'll probably get a
quicker answer on here!

They have a telephone, and they do answer it.

Surely the sensible think is to speak to them and tell them your
concerns. I imagine that if you explain to them, they will try to come
up with a solution to suit you.

It's quick, simple and effective. Give it a try.

Phone not answered after many rings this morning - hence posting here....

Old December 12th 03, 04:00 PM
Paul Hopwood

Microstar wrote:

I'm thinking of putting an order into SVP. Have ordered from them in
the past, but can't remember who they use for shipping large items. Is
it CityLink? (I now don't order from any company that uses CityLink
because of horrendous problems in the past).
I know I could e-mail SVP and ask them - but I'll probably get a quicker
answer on here!

Interlink by default, with the option to use ParcelForce. SVP are
generally pretty quick to respond to phones calls and/or e-mails so it
would probably have been quicker to ask them.

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW:
http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]
Old December 14th 03, 02:13 PM
Steve at SVP Communications

SVP use Interlink Express Couriers by default and the quickest way of
reaching them is by Email.
I should know

Steve - SVP