!! Someone recognize this? (A7N8X DeLuxe)

Old January 31st 04, 12:42 PM
Shogun

Default !! Someone recognize this? (A7N8X DeLuxe)

SUDDENLY SHUTTING DOWN OF MY SYSTEM

At several times my system suddenly shut down, mostly when a mp3 or
something is playing in Winamp 5 Pro or in Media Jukebox 8, during the time
i am surfing or read my mail or something else like KaZaA.

When i look at System Information i discovered that under Running Tasks the
file CSRRS.EXE was NOT AVAILABLE. (When i started my system my firewall
asked for my permission to let CSRRS.EXE let contact the www, which i
submitted) Maybe this is causing that?

Asus Probe gives no errors about high temperature, so i guess it also could
may something has to do with my memory

System Properties/Advanced/Performance/Settings shows this:

Visual Effects: Adjust for best appearance

Advanced/Processor Scheduling: Programs
Advanced/Memory Usage: Programs
Advanced/Virtual Memory: 1535 Mb

SPECS:

Asus A7N8X DeLuxe BIOS Rev. 1002 Beta 006, 28-01-03
AMD Athlon XP 3000+
Memory: 1024 DDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8x

MS Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 SP 1 Build 2600
Installed all available updates

Maybe someone has an other option what to do on this problem?

Tia

Old January 31st 04, 12:54 PM
Shogun

"Shogun" wrote in message
l...
[...]

I forgot something to mention ...

I have 2 x 512 DDRAM PC3200
CPU is running in AGRESSIVE mode ...........

System Performance: Aggressive
CPU External Frequency: 166 Mhz
CPU Freq. Multiple: 13.0 x
Memory Frequency: 100%
Memory Timing: Aggressive
SDRAM : 7-3-3-2.5

Old January 31st 04, 02:35 PM
Shogun

"Nanga Parbat" wrote in message
. ..
Shogun wrote:

SUDDENLY SHUTTING DOWN OF MY SYSTEM

At several times my system suddenly shut down, mostly when a mp3 or
something is playing in Winamp 5 Pro or in Media Jukebox 8, during the

time
i am surfing or read my mail or something else like KaZaA.

When i look at System Information i discovered that under Running Tasks

the
file CSRRS.EXE was NOT AVAILABLE. (When i started my system my firewall
asked for my permission to let CSRRS.EXE let contact the www, which i
submitted) Maybe this is causing that?

Asus Probe gives no errors about high temperature, so i guess it also

could
may something has to do with my memory

[snip]
Maybe someone has an other option what to do on this problem?

First make sure it isn't a hardware problem (my guess it is). Run
tests like MemTest-86 (standard & extended test, takes a couple of
hours) and Prime95 Torture Test.

You also might wanna replace Asus Probe by MBM5. That'll give you the
CPU temp inside it's core while Probe only gives the temp in the
socket (sensor placed at the motherboard) which, under stress, can be
10 to 15 degrees lower.

Nanga

Why do you think about a hardware problem? I can't imagine that only my
system have these problems, the only thing is maybe i don't use Kingston
a.s.o. but VData. But if THAT causes all these shutdowns?

I downloaded lately MBM5, but didn't know what to do exactly. Can you give
me some hints how to use it? And what do you think is causing that propably
overheating?

At this moment i have an A-Open Case with almost nothing to let the fan make
use of air outside. I removed already a side of it that made it a lot
better, because a few weeks ago, the system shutted down several times,
because of overheating (+72° C!) Now Asus Probe show 52°C

My goal is to buy me the newest Chieftec Case which have much more cooling
possibilities and more airflow.

Old January 31st 04, 02:52 PM
Barry Walsh

Shogun wrote:
[...]

Are you sure that's the correct name for that file, csrrs.exe rather
than the correct csrss.exe? In which case you have a worm called Agobot-Ak

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/anal...2agobotak.html
Old January 31st 04, 03:48 PM
Shogun

"Barry Walsh" wrote in message
Shogun wrote:
[...]

I did a search on my system and found the correct "csrss.exe" in
C:\Windows\system32 and also "csrss.exe-12B63473.pf" in
C:\Windows|Prefetch. The other one, the "csrrs.exe" was not be found.

Strange enough i do see it in System Information under Running Tasks:

CSRRS.EXE was NOT AVAILABLE

This could mean my AV has found it and destroyed it ....

Old January 31st 04, 04:06 PM
Shogun

l...

Shogun wrote:
[...]

System Information Software Environment Running Tasks

When i did another look i saw this, not knowing what it exactly do and if
something is not correct.
Maybe you or someone else will have a look on it and maybe can tell me if
this is usual?

Under Running Tasks there are more NOT AVAILABLE.
Here the complete list of NA:

csrss.exe (NA | 644 | 13 | NA | NA | 31-01-04 13:48 | NA
| NA | NA)
svchost.exe (NA | 1204 | 8 | NA | NA | 31-01-04 13:49 | NA |
NA | NA)
svchost.exe (NA | 1236 | 8 | NA | NA | 31-01-04 13:49 | NA |
NA | NA)
system idle process (NA | 0 | 0 | NA | NA | NA | NA | NA | NA)
system (NA | 4 | 8 | 0 | 1413120 | NA | NA |
NA | NA)
wmiprvse.exe (NA | 3284 | 8| NA | NA | 31-01-04 16:31 | NA | NA |
NA)

All other files have no NOT AVAILABLE (NA) strings ...