Adding Memory To 700x

Old January 1st 09, 03:49 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Bozena

Default Adding Memory To 700x

My March 2002 Gateway 700x desktop has two 256 MB memory modules.
I see on eBay, I can buy two 512MN DDR-400 for Gateway 2.8 GHz memory
RAM for a reasonable price. I see that my 700x has a 2.0 GHz chip. Should
this make a difference? I want to add the two 512MB modules to the existing
2ea 256 MB modules.

Thanks!
Scott

Old January 1st 09, 06:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Wettlesheim

On Dec 31 2008, 10:49*pm, "Bozena" wrote:
My March 2002 Gateway 700x desktop has two 256 MB memory modules.
I see on eBay, I can buy two 512MN DDR-400 for Gateway 2.8 GHz memory
RAM for a reasonable price. *I see that my 700x has a 2.0 GHz chip. *Should
this make a difference? *I want to add the two 512MB modules to the existing
2ea 256 MB modules.

Thanks!
Scott

You may want to consider buying a one stick of 1GB memory instead of
2 sticks of 512MB memory. So you would have an open slot available if
you want to add more memory in the future. My Windows XP computer had
originally 512MB of memory and I noticed a major increase in speed
when I increased the memory to a total of 2GB . Sometimes eBay isn't
the cheapest place to buy stuff so you may want to do some comparison
shopping. So far I've had good luck with newegg.com, amazon.com,
tigerdirect.com, frys.com, and zipzoomfly.com . This seems like a
fair price for memory http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820144011
I have no experience with this brand memory. I have used Kingston
memory, PNY memory, and heard good things about Crucial & Ultra
(Tigerdirect's brand) too. You may want to consider what type of
warranty is furnished with the eBay memory or any memory that you buy.
Old January 1st 09, 01:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
SC Tom

"Wettlesheim" wrote in message
[...]

=== According to the memory references, RAM on the 700x needs to be
installed in pairs, up to 4GB total. Quite often, newegg runs some pretty
good deals on it.

SC Tom

Adding memory pheasant Homebuilt PC's 3 November 15th 05 12:26 AM
Adding Memory to a HP 5L [email protected] Printers 1 July 14th 05 04:27 PM
Adding memory harrydaomin General 11 May 31st 05 08:10 AM
Adding memory Graham Grant Homebuilt PC's 7 December 8th 03 08:36 PM
Adding memory NMH Dell Computers 5 December 2nd 03 05:09 AM