Audio CD are ****.

Old September 29th 04, 03:52 PM
Eric Gisin

Ron Reaugh back from the dead, delusions and all.

"terry smith" wrote in message

When the HDD fails, I still have all
my music.

HDD's do not fail I have never encountered it in many years of working
with computers.

Old September 29th 04, 05:02 PM
Allen

Eric Gisin wrote:
Ron Reaugh back from the dead, delusions and all.

"terry smith" wrote in message

When the HDD fails, I still have all
my music.

HDD's do not fail I have never encountered it in many years of working
with computers.

MY "many years" working with computers will hit 50 in about three weeks.
I've lost count of the failed hard drives that I've replaced. "Many"
must mean 2 or 3, or else he has been very, very lucky.
Allen

Old September 29th 04, 06:50 PM
smh

-------------------------------
Some subject lines from Usenet:
-------------------------------

Eric Gisin Sodomizes Sheep
Eric Gisin, Newsgroup Faggot Punk
Eric Gisin, Aubsiive Newsgroup Cyberpunk

Troll Alert: Eric Gisin
Troll Elimination: Eric Gisin
Let's Stop the Troll Eric Gisin!
Riding USENET of one more troll: Eric Gisin
Eliminate the Troll Eric Gisin for a cleaner newsgroup.
Time to rid the newsgroups of one more usenet punk and troll: ERIC GISIN

Newsgroup Abuser Eric Gisin
Ridding the newsgroup of Gisin
For a cleaner newsgroup, let's get rid of Gisin

Eric Gisin (Newsgroup Faggot Punk) squeaked:

Another 13 year old troll plonked. Get mommy to buy you a new computer.

"terry smith" wrote in message

I was beginning to think that Sammy had found a new pseudonym. Another

clown
troll has gone in the bozo bin

Ah yes you have no doubt blocked all the people who disagree with you.
Typical childish behaviour.
Try growing up and disproving my arguement, but that would require
some intelligence so maybe it is better for you to bin me.

Old September 29th 04, 07:41 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Don. (Old Gizzard) croaked:

Not at all! Because I'm starting to think you are really our old nemesis,
Sammy (SMH), in disguise. And we thought he'd been run over on the
freeway while sitting there playing with himself. ;-)

=============================
Don Nickell Wow! Wow! Wow!
=============================
(Adrian could you help me with a Refund please?)

=====================
From: Don Nickell (Wow! Wow! Wow!)
Date: (1/19/01)

I don't care if they release a platinum-coated, 200% guaranteed perfect
software. It's too late. They ****ed all over the consumers since the
4.0 was released, and their history of patch-after-patch-after-patch is
just too much trouble. I would rather spend my time and money on
something more productive and much less irritating.

Pray tell, how have they "****ed all over us?" I had all sorts of
troubles installing ECDC 4.0x and don't know why, but they certainly
didn't **** all over me!

In fact when I called to request a RMA I started to explain and the
clerk said, "We don't care, sir, we'll refund your purchase without
question."

That sort of ****ing I can take all day long.
=====================

And here is the fruit of Don Nickell (Wow! Wow! Wow!) gulping down the
cRoxio's ****ing, and sucking up Adrian Miller's ass -- more than three
months later:

-----------------------------
Don Nickell Wow! Wow! Wow!
-----------------------------

Don Nickell (Wow! Wow! Wow!) croaked:

----------------------
Date: 1/5/01

Enough!!! Back to the future with 3.5c and hope I can get my money back
on 4.0. About half of the 30 days is gone just getting delivery over the
holidays and screwing around trying to get the thing loaded.

Let's pray there's some honesty left in Roxio. I sure don't need this
aggrivation.

Was happy Roxio customer until now!

----------------------
Date: 1/5/01

.... I don't trust Roxio, can't
even get a reply from there Tech Help. Adrian won't reply to my specific
question. Was on the phone yesterday morning to Roxio Tech Help for 20
minutes and got disconnected--it was long distance.

Tried to get on
Digital River this morning to get an RMA, 30 mintues holding and finally
gave up. Bought it 12/21 and 1/21 is fast approaching and the end of my
"30 day money back" offer. Any bets I eat my $90?

----------------------
Date: 1/5/01

"Adrian Miller (Roxio)" wrote:

If you purchased via our on-line store please contact our customer services.

I called the other day. Took 5 minutes to get to Interviewer, she put me
in "cue". 15 minutes later I head a "click" and the dial tone. What does
it take to get to customer service. I've contacted "rx-ask_us" with a
case number and can't get a reply.

I couldn't get a reply back from you about my opening screen question.

What now?

----------------------
Date: 1/6/01

"Adrian Miller (Roxio)" wrote:

If you did direct purchase and want a refund let me know and I will
forward your details directly to customer services myself.

Adrian could you help me with a Refund please?

.... It's been a little over 2 weeks
now and the "30 day refund" period is rapidly approaching. It probably
means I have to have the material back in their hands within that 30
days, so time is really getting short.

Thanks for your help. I went to the Roxio site and couldn't find any
directons to "discussion list" so chose this method of communication.
I apologize for helping fill up your personal e-mail. I've still heard
nothing from rx-ask_us and my last entry Jan 4.

----------------------
Date: 1/6/01

Adrian Miller wrote:

Don appears to have purchased direct and wishes to return the product under
the 30 day terms. I would appreciate it if you could take over this matter
from this point. Thanks.

Thank you, Adrian. My wife forced me to be patient and after a 30 minute
hold time I got through to Digital River and obtained an RMA.

I certainly appreciate your help in this matter. I only wish my
experience had been different.
----------------------

And finally the fruit of Don Nickell (Wow! Wow! Wow!) gulping down the

From: Don Nickell (Wow! Wow! Wow!)
Date: 4/13/01

It was on my VISA bill that I received yesterday.
======================
Old September 29th 04, 11:50 PM
NobodyMan

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 04:55:05 +0100, "terry smith"
wrote:

1. CDRs not reliable: I have audio CDRs I have burned over 10 years
ago. I listen to them FREQUENTLY and all still play flawlessly. This
even though they range in storage from blistering heat in the car
during the Texas Summer to numbing cold in the Alaska Winter.

Nope cds scatch easier than vinyl, one tiny scratch will turn it into a
coaster.

Huh? Several of my CDRs have scratches in them and they all play just
fine. However, a tiny scratch on one of my old LPs will ruin my
listening experience as it causes the stylus to jump around. I have a
pretty sensitive turntable. I hate getting up to try and get the
tonearm off the "scratch."

2. Creating the Audio CDRs creates coaster: NOT if you do it
correctly. I have hundreds of burned audio CDRs with not one coaster.
Ever.

Just read the posts in this newsgroup.

Most of the coaster are from folks that don't quite know what they are
doing. Like you.

3. Hard to find songs: Gee, I KNOW who plays what song I want, and
what CD it's on. It's called HUMAN MEMORY. I also have everything
cataloged in a database I created so even if I can't remember what CD
the song is on, I can find it in less than five seconds.

Sure, you got 32,000 tracks? and a 32 meter high pile of cds?

I don't know how many "tracks" I have, but I 693 CDs - and many of
those are multiple disc sets that the dabatase program counts as "1"
cd. I easily have close to, if not over, 800 audio CDs. They neatly
fit into two three foot high shelfs and one 200 cd turntable.

4. I can't take my HDD or solid state memory to my car and listen to
it. Nor can I take it to work.

Yes you can if you have the right gear.

Why "buy" the right gear? I can't install it on my WORK computer as
it's not mine. I can, however, just pop the CDR in the drive and
listen to it.

When the HDD fails, I still have all
my music.

HDD's do not fail I have never encountered it in many years of working
with computers.

I work in IT support and see HDD fail all the time. Mine failed at
work about a month ago.

I wont' dignify your childish retorts by making more than this simple
statement: Grow Up.

Just because YOU have problems creating Audio CDs doesn't mean 99.9%
of competent computer users have problems.

O yes it does!!!!

What wit! Next I suppose you will respond with I know you are but
what am I? If people compare you to a teenager, that's because that
is what you are acting like. Again I say, grow up.

Old September 30th 04, 12:57 AM
terry smith

"Allen" wrote in message

Eric Gisin wrote:
Ron Reaugh back from the dead, delusions and all.

"terry smith" wrote in message

When the HDD fails, I still have all
my music.

HDD's do not fail I have never encountered it in many years of working
with computers.

MY "many years" working with computers will hit 50 in about three weeks.
I've lost count of the failed hard drives that I've replaced. "Many"
must mean 2 or 3, or else he has been very, very lucky.

Many means ten or twenty.

I have worked with computers, in software houses etc for many years and I
have never encountered a hard drive failure, one or two floopy drive
failures maybe, but I know the arseholes who were operating them
broke them themselves.

Old September 30th 04, 01:17 AM
nospam

"terry smith" wrote:

"Allen" wrote in message

Eric Gisin wrote:
Ron Reaugh back from the dead, delusions and all.

"terry smith" wrote in message

When the HDD fails, I still have all
my music.

HDD's do not fail I have never encountered it in many years of working
with computers.

MY "many years" working with computers will hit 50 in about three weeks.
I've lost count of the failed hard drives that I've replaced. "Many"
must mean 2 or 3, or else he has been very, very lucky.

Many means ten or twenty.

I have worked with computers, in software houses etc for many years and I
have never encountered a hard drive failure,

You worked with computers? Let me guess, you swept up around them and know
hard drives don't fail because you never found any in the trash bins you
emptied?

Old September 30th 04, 01:28 AM
terry smith

wrote:

1. CDRs not reliable: I have audio CDRs I have burned over 10 years
ago. I listen to them FREQUENTLY and all still play flawlessly. This
even though they range in storage from blistering heat in the car
during the Texas Summer to numbing cold in the Alaska Winter.

Nope cds scatch easier than vinyl, one tiny scratch will turn it into a
coaster.

Huh? Several of my CDRs have scratches in them and they all play just
fine. However, a tiny scratch on one of my old LPs will ruin my
listening experience as it causes the stylus to jump around. I have a
pretty sensitive turntable. I hate getting up to try and get the
tonearm off the "scratch."

However a tiny scratch in the wrong place will make the entire cd
a coaster.
With vinyl you always have something left which can be 'fixed'.

2. Creating the Audio CDRs creates coaster: NOT if you do it
correctly. I have hundreds of burned audio CDRs with not one coaster.
Ever.

Just read the posts in this newsgroup.

Most of the coaster are from folks that don't quite know what they are
doing. Like you.

Yes people without a PhD in CDR players, ie 99.9% of the population.

I don't know much about my hard drive, apart from the fact that is works,
or course.

3. Hard to find songs: Gee, I KNOW who plays what song I want, and
what CD it's on. It's called HUMAN MEMORY. I also have everything
cataloged in a database I created so even if I can't remember what CD
the song is on, I can find it in less than five seconds.

Sure, you got 32,000 tracks? and a 32 meter high pile of cds?

I don't know how many "tracks" I have, but I 693 CDs - and many of
those are multiple disc sets that the dabatase program counts as "1"
cd. I easily have close to, if not over, 800 audio CDs. They neatly
fit into two three foot high shelfs and one 200 cd turntable.

???
A jewel case is about 1cm thick. 800cm = 8 meters.

4. I can't take my HDD or solid state memory to my car and listen to
it. Nor can I take it to work.

Yes you can if you have the right gear.

Why "buy" the right gear? I can't install it on my WORK computer as
it's not mine. I can, however, just pop the CDR in the drive and
listen to it.

Your can get a 512 meg player for about £50
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...1218 351&rd=1

"This MP3 player has a 512MB built-in flash memory; is very lightweight (2.6
oz);
and extremely small (3.3" * 1.3" * 0.8""

Thats over 100 songs, I doubt you would ever be carrying 10 CDs with you
(too bulky).

In a few years time the capacity will double, then double again.
Incidently I can remember when 16k was a lot of memory for
a home computer, I have 8 thousand times as much now!!
Many people have 64 thousands times that.
The writting is on the wall.

When the HDD fails, I still have all
my music.

HDD's do not fail I have never encountered it in many years of working
with computers.

I work in IT support and see HDD fail all the time. Mine failed at
work about a month ago.

Manage to break it did you?

I wont' dignify your childish retorts by making more than this simple
statement: Grow Up.

Just because YOU have problems creating Audio CDs doesn't mean 99.9%
of competent computer users have problems.

O yes it does!!!!

What wit! Next I suppose you will respond with I know you are but
what am I? If people compare you to a teenager, that's because that
is what you are acting like. Again I say, grow up.

I have a degree in electronics and I have worked with computers
for many many years.
Yes if you are willing to throw thousands of pounds about to keep
people like you in a job, yuo won't have too many problems,
but you won't have too much money for the essential things in life - like
beer!!

Old September 30th 04, 02:02 AM
Allen

nospam wrote:

"terry smith" wrote:

"Allen" wrote in message

Eric Gisin wrote:

Ron Reaugh back from the dead, delusions and all.

"terry smith" wrote in message

When the HDD fails, I still have all
my music.

HDD's do not fail I have never encountered it in many years of working
with computers.

MY "many years" working with computers will hit 50 in about three weeks.
I've lost count of the failed hard drives that I've replaced. "Many"
must mean 2 or 3, or else he has been very, very lucky.

Many means ten or twenty.

I have worked with computers, in software houses etc for many years and I
have never encountered a hard drive failure,

You worked with computers? Let me guess, you swept up around them and know
hard drives don't fail because you never found any in the trash bins you
emptied?

He probably blamed all computer problems on bad audio CDs. What a total
dimwit! He can't do what almost everyone else in the world with a CD
burner can do, so we, not he, don't know what we are doing. I'll take
SMH any day over this fool.
Allen