Audio CD are ****.

Old September 27th 04, 01:41 AM
terry smith

Default Audio CD are ****.

15 coasters = end of story.

Old September 27th 04, 04:39 AM
Daniel L. Belton

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:41:08 +0100, "terry smith"
wrote:

15 coasters = end of story.

I have burned hundreds of audio cd's without even one coaster. Seems
there is a problem on your end, not with audio cd's
Old October 2nd 04, 08:25 PM
terry smith

wrote:

15 coasters = end of story.

I have burned hundreds of audio cd's without even one coaster. Seems
there is a problem on your end, not with audio cd's

Just an update.

I just tried burn4free and I created a 17 track cd, a disk at once,
this was *dispite* windows reporting my hard drive full and popping
up the disk cleanup window. (It was full as I burned 700 mb with
about 720mb free space on drive
Prior to this I had created 15 straight coasters with adaptec easy(lol)
cd creaters.
Burn4free worked a dream for me, I burn't at X2 I think but I bet
Icould have gone a lot faster. Buffer was 98% full most of the time.

I am dumping Adaptec as it is pure ****.
Incidently Ashampoo cd creator also failed.
Adapted reported some power calibration error and then
buffer underrun.
Adaptec was recommending I went out and bought a different brand
of disk!!!

The ****ING ****S!!!!!

It was always my position the CDs should have been OK
as they worked fine as data CDs it seems Adaptec software
is the main problem although Ashampoo software also failed
even though it had proved a little bettter than adaptec software
in the past. Most of the advice given here was obviously
little more than garbage.

Old September 27th 04, 09:44 AM
Mike O'Sullivan

terry smith wrote:
15 coasters = end of story.

Using Nero, I've NEVER had a burning failure in two years.
Old September 27th 04, 07:51 PM
Mike Richter

terry smith wrote:

15 coasters = end of story.

With that attitude on your part, I'm delighted you reached that
conclusion. OTOH, if you had wanted help in recording audio - which many
of us do without coasters - this would be a good forum in which to seek it.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old September 27th 04, 08:05 PM
terry smith

"Mike Richter" wrote in message
terry smith wrote:

15 coasters = end of story.

With that attitude on your part, I'm delighted you reached that
conclusion. OTOH, if you had wanted help in recording audio - which many
of us do without coasters - this would be a good forum in which to seek

it.

Sought it, didn't work.
32,000 songs on a hard drive is the way I am going now.
Good luck with your pile of easy scratch coasters.
No more burning issues for me sunshine.
Easier, more convienient and cheaper.
I am going to completely audio cds and I am very happy to do it.
What more can I say? ( I Will tell you later )

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old September 27th 04, 08:51 PM
terry smith

terry smith wrote:

15 coasters = end of story.

With that attitude on your part, I'm delighted you reached that
conclusion. OTOH, if you had wanted help in recording audio - which many
of us do without coasters - this would be a good forum in which to seek

it.

Sought it, didn't work.
32,000 songs on a hard drive is the way I am going now.
Good luck with your pile of easy scratch coasters.
No more burning issues for me sunshine.
Easier, more convienient and cheaper.
I am going to completely audio cds and I am very happy to do it.
What more can I say? ( I Will tell you later )

Don't bother.

You think I am bothered what you think?

Allen

Old September 27th 04, 09:56 PM
Hellraiser

Sought it, didn't work.
32,000 songs on a hard drive is the way I am going now.
Good luck with your pile of easy scratch coasters.
No more burning issues for me sunshine.
Easier, more convienient and cheaper.
I am going to completely audio cds and I am very happy to do it.
What more can I say? ( I Will tell you later )

Don't bother.

You think I am bothered what you think?

No, but do remember to come here and tell us when your hard drive fails and
all 32,000 songs disappear forever.

Hellraiser..........

Old September 29th 04, 02:24 PM
Don.

terry smith wrote:

terry smith wrote:

15 coasters = end of story.

With that attitude on your part, I'm delighted you reached that
conclusion. OTOH, if you had wanted help in recording audio - which many
of us do without coasters - this would be a good forum in which to seek

it.

Sought it, didn't work.
32,000 songs on a hard drive is the way I am going now.
Good luck with your pile of easy scratch coasters.
No more burning issues for me sunshine.
Easier, more convienient and cheaper.
I am going to completely audio cds and I am very happy to do it.
What more can I say? ( I Will tell you later )

Don't bother.

You think I am bothered what you think?

Not at all! Because I'm starting to think you are really our old nemesis,
Sammy (SMH), in disguise. And we thought he'd been run over on the
freeway while sitting there playing with himself. ;-)