Flashing bios on A8n, big pain.

Old January 18th 07, 10:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
herman

Default Flashing bios on A8n, big pain.

I have a propblem flashing this bios. I have changed all software to
the newest. I changed my bios to 1302 from 1009. Now I want to go back
and I can't. I use windows bios tool 7.06.02 and it says that I have
to use dos because i'm going backwards. I make a boot cd and use
awdflash117 and it tells me I don't have enough memory. How do I flash
it now?
Old January 19th 07, 02:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Tex Shalter

Have you tried this :
Copy the bios you want to your hard disk somewhere, then using the
Asus-windows flash update to find that file instead of searching from the
asus website?

Old January 19th 07, 05:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
herman

Yes that is what I did and thats when it told me I couldn't.

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 02:05:39 GMT, "Tex Shalter"
wrote:

Have you tried this :
Copy the bios you want to your hard disk somewhere, then using the
Asus-windows flash update to find that file instead of searching from the
asus website?

.. .

Old January 19th 07, 12:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Geoff

On my a8v, the bios has an automatic bios flash function, you need to name
your bios to something like a8n-bios.rom, then reboot and go into the bios.

The bios will automatically read the bios file on the floppy and flash the
EPROM. Check the docs for your specific board to find out exactly what to
name the file.

-g

Old January 20th 07, 09:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Ken Maltby

"herman" wrote in message
I have a propblem flashing this bios. I have changed all software to
the newest. I changed my bios to 1302 from 1009. Now I want to go back
and I can't. I use windows bios tool 7.06.02 and it says that I have
to use dos because i'm going backwards. I make a boot cd and use
awdflash117 and it tells me I don't have enough memory. How do I flash
it now?

For the A8N-E the newest BIOS is 1013.

What exact board do you have?

Which chipset driver do you have installed? What OS
are you running?

Luck;
Ken

P3V133 cmos error [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 3 March 22nd 06 10:19 PM
Award Boot Block BIOS rom checksum error Flip General 10 January 29th 06 05:30 AM
Alert at bootup Katy Asus Motherboards 3 September 24th 04 01:43 PM
SP2 - need to update BIOS? Steve Dell Computers 25 September 5th 04 09:40 AM
bios hung while flashing mdp General 1 June 23rd 03 11:18 AM