Release date of AMD cpus

Old April 14th 04, 10:18 PM
Yoyoma_2

Default Release date of AMD cpus

Dave wrote:
Is there a chart which shows approximately when the different
models of Duron and Athlon processors were released?

I can't find anything like this on the AMD site.

Umm yeah its on the site under the specific CPU.
under Product information, on the left there is "Processor Roadmap"

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...18_608,00.html
Old April 14th 04, 10:43 PM
Robert Bindler

Dave wrote:

Is there a chart which shows approximately when the different
models of Duron and Athlon processors were released?

I can't find anything like this on the AMD site.

This includes others (Intel, Via, etc) but it should do:
http://www.tom.womack.net/x86FAQ/faq_time.html

--
eel Tech
http://someguy456.computed.net/
Old April 14th 04, 11:29 PM
half_pint

"Robert Bindler" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

Is there a chart which shows approximately when the different
models of Duron and Athlon processors were released?

I can't find anything like this on the AMD site.

This includes others (Intel, Via, etc) but it should do:
http://www.tom.womack.net/x86FAQ/faq_time.html

Very interesting chart, when you look at bus speeds
computers are little faster today than they were 10 years
ago.
I always wondered by my Sinclair Z80 (colour) seems
as good as a modern computer.
I wonder how much a Z80 cpu is these days, last I
heard was a £1 but they may have a rareity value now.

Old April 14th 04, 11:32 PM
half_pint

Dave wrote:

Is there a chart which shows approximately when the different
models of Duron and Athlon processors were released?

I can't find anything like this on the AMD site.

This includes others (Intel, Via, etc) but it should do:
http://www.tom.womack.net/x86FAQ/faq_time.html

Very interesting chart, when you look at bus speeds
computers are little faster today than they were 10 years
ago.
I always wondered by my Sinclair Z80 (colour) seems
as good as a modern computer.
I wonder how much a Z80 cpu is these days, last I
heard was a £1 but they may have a rareity value now.

PS Why the f*ck did you change the rely groups?

Old April 15th 04, 01:52 AM
philo

"Yoyoma_2" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
Is there a chart which shows approximately when the different
models of Duron and Athlon processors were released?

I can't find anything like this on the AMD site.

Umm yeah its on the site under the specific CPU.
under Product information, on the left there is "Processor Roadmap"

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...18_608,00.html

I have an amd 386-40

didn;t see it on that chart g

Old April 15th 04, 08:24 AM
Bagpuss

Dave wrote:

Is there a chart which shows approximately when the different
models of Duron and Athlon processors were released?

I can't find anything like this on the AMD site.

This includes others (Intel, Via, etc) but it should do:
http://www.tom.womack.net/x86FAQ/faq_time.html

Very interesting chart, when you look at bus speeds
computers are little faster today than they were 10 years
ago.
I always wondered by my Sinclair Z80 (colour) seems
as good as a modern computer.

Of course the average gif banner on a web page is considerably larger
than the memory a Z80 can address (without paging hardware).

I wonder how much a Z80 cpu is these days, last I
heard was a £1 but they may have a rareity value now.

Z80s are comming back in afor microcontroller use. You can get
practically a whole system for a couple of quid. its a Z80 based CPU
with DACs memory, the whole works on a single chip.

One thing about the Z80 was that is was a doddle to write good code
for it.
Old April 15th 04, 08:51 AM
philo

"||| - -\/- |||||||" wayto@go wrote in message
"philo" wrote:

I have an amd 386-40

didn;t see it on that chart g

This isn't written by you is it?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?C17115708

no...
i am rather a computer newbie...(started with a p1 in late 1999)

the 386-40 is a rather newer addition to my antique software collection.
it has 16 megs of ram and runs win95 quite well.
believe it or not...by pulling a few tricks...i put it on a 40meg harddrive!

btw: most of my machines are AMD based
not knocking Intel at all...simply use AMD because they work quite well
and cost less.

btw: one comment i always get about AMD is that they run hotter than
Intel...
that's true but of course it does not mean there's anything bad about it...

i;ve had a couple of cpu cooling fans go during the past few years...
and though the cpu got too hot too touch...did not fail!

philo

Old April 15th 04, 10:48 AM
Skipai Da Otter

Old April 15th 04, 03:34 PM
Jeff

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:08:11 +0100, Dave wrote:

Is there a chart which shows approximately when the different
models of Duron and Athlon processors were released?

I can't find anything like this on the AMD site.

Try he http://www.mikeshardware.co.uk

Click on the "CPU Prices" link on the left side. You can also see how
the prices of the each processor fell as newer models were introduced.

Jeff
Old April 15th 04, 05:56 PM
Yoyoma_2

Bagpuss wrote:
Z80s are comming back in afor microcontroller use. You can get
practically a whole system for a couple of quid. its a Z80 based CPU
with DACs memory, the whole works on a single chip.

One thing about the Z80 was that is was a doddle to write good code
for it.

YEah but when it comes to microcontrollers, no one can beat the adoption
of the M68HC11 controller boards. Their everywhere and full of
features. The new ones have built-in ethernet.

Honeywell makes good ones too, from what I hear.