X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 soundblaster seems to be dead.

Old October 21st 11, 02:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Nobody > (Revisited)

Default X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 soundblaster seems to be dead.

On 10/19/2011 11:03 PM, Skybuck wrote:
I have come to learn some lessons: if it's not a total system builder
then don't do bussiness with them, antec doesn't give a **** if your
electronics die.

In your case, anybody who makes anything is *your* enemy.

If I was Antec, I'd PROUDLY put up the above on their site as testimony,

It's funny how "some people" get the reputation of doing and saying
everything "bassackwards".

I was fired years ago at an electronics manufacturer. When I started
looking around for a new job, I was amazed at how many times I was told:

"You were fired by (ex-boss' name)? Hell, that's a good recommendation
all by itself!"

--
"**** this is it, all the pieces do fit.
We're like that crazy old man jumping
Old October 22nd 11, 10:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Thank god,

The soundblaster is alive and well.

My DreamPC is one bad fighting machine !

It's fighting against it's own DEATH !

It has resurrected itself !

I connected all 4 harddisks, I also ran some Microsoft Repair tool from the
harddisk itself.

It mentioned it did not ran completely successfull it mentioned it did not
find a boot manager, it mentioned an OSFailOver or something.

I send the report data to Microsoft for further improvement.

Today I boot the computer and I forgot to press F11 to boot from Knoppix
DVD... and amazingly Windows 7 came back alive !

Apperently enough bad sectors have been repaired so it can now function
properly.

It's pretty damn amazing.

However I have experiences with machine deaths lol... and I know it could be
a fluke of luck ! =D

So I am enjoying my music to the max at the moment ! LOL.

Me so happy that the soundblaster still alive and kicking ! =D

I am also convinced Hitachi harddisks are pretty good, they managed to
recover from death ! =D

The first thing I am going to do now that my Windows 7 has come back alive
is to burn more Linux Distro so I can enjoy my Creative X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1
Soundblaster from Linux Distro's like Ubuntu and Linux Mint. (both debian
based.)

After having used Knoppix 6.7.1 for a few days I am now convinced that Linux
is pretty usuable, stable and has valuable tools which I don't know if
Window's world has an equivalent.

For example Linux has "disk management tool" which can read "S.M.A.R.T."
data from harddisks... I would not be surprised if there are perhaps windows
tools which can do this, so I will have to google that sometime.

However the nice thing about Linux Distro is I don't have to search and find
it... it's already there... However by burning a couple of Linux Distro's to
DVD you can't go wrong.

I think "LIVE CD's and DVD's is the best way for Linux to make inroads into
Windows world and try to lure away windows users". At least people can run
Linux from DVD and don't have to worry about it.

Maybe I will even install linux on a harddisk, but with Live DVD's there
might be no need to do that and simply continue using DVD's. So Linux could
be a second-hand/second-option operating system and I am perfectly fine with
that ! =D

I also tell you the reason why I am going to burn more Linux Distro from
Windows 7 now that it has come back alive:

I CANNOT BURN DISTROS from KNOPPIX ?!? (Because knoppix probably needs the
DVD to remain inside... and I only have one DVD drive).

Perhaps running a virtual machine inside knoppix might make burning possible
but I don't count on that ! =D

Today is a happy day ! I do feel my Dad felt sorry for me and shine some
light from heaven on me and make my computer work again ! LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Old October 23rd 11, 02:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck

On 20 okt, 08:11, Krypsis wrote:
On 20/10/2011 5:48 PM, DarkMatter wrote:

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 23:03:29 -0700 (PDT), Skybuck
*wrote:

Cleaning a PC on the inside is one thing which should not be
necessary,

* *You are a complete idiot.

As well as that, he's changed his id to get past all the filters. Had to
add his new id to my filter list and will add each and every new id he
creates. He'll get sick of creating new ids long before I get tired of
adding them to my filters.

I used to think no one could be as stupid as skytard. Now I'm not so
sure. He's setting a new low standard of idiocy.

--

Krypsis

What makes you think I changed my id ?

Get a clue dude.

Do you really think people have just one e-mail account from their
ISP ? What is the ISP stops functioning ? You that dumb ?

Did you really think people give a **** about their names on
usenet ?!?

Stick your filter up your ass it's useless and stop bitching about it.

And lastly: I am always called Skybuck, learn to create a filter on
the word: "Skybuck"

And your that stupid ?: NO, Nobody can be that stupid, not even you.

YOU JUST BEING A BIG FILTHY PRICK AND EVERYBODY KNOWS IT BUT YOU.

Bye,
Bye,
Skybuck

Skybuck's Dream PC dead again for the (4th?) zillion-th time ?!? (Electrical fault with X-Fi Elite Pro Soundblaster) Skybuck Flying[_2_] Homebuilt PC's 41 May 26th 11 05:58 AM
Skybuck's Dream PC dead again for the (4th?) zillion-th time ?!? (Electrical fault with X-Fi Elite Pro Soundblaster) Skybuck Flying[_2_] Asus Motherboards 0 May 18th 11 01:54 PM
Skybuck's Dream PC dead again for the (4th?) zillion-th time ?!? (Electrical fault with X-Fi Elite Pro Soundblaster) Skybuck Flying[_2_] Asus Motherboards 0 May 18th 11 12:46 PM
Soundblaster card dead? Prime Intel 1 July 14th 04 09:23 PM
Is my Soundblaster Live dead? Prime PC Soundcards 0 July 8th 04 11:40 PM