iDad is now iDead

Old October 8th 11, 03:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,comp.arch,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Default iDad is now iDead

Here is a fun new idea for an apple logo :

Replace the "bite" with a tombstone or a gjezus cross !

^ So nasty ! LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck =D
Old October 8th 11, 03:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,comp.arch,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Or how about just:

An apple with R.I.P. on it ?!

Bye,
Skybuck
Old October 8th 11, 03:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,comp.arch,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

I know...

We gonna make a nice tombstone for Steve in the form of an apple !

Bye,
SkyNotApple.

Old October 9th 11, 03:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,comp.arch,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Tom Del Rosso[_4_]

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Here is a fun new idea for an apple logo :

Replace the "bite" with a tombstone or a gjezus cross !

^ So nasty ! LOL.

Wow. A colossal moron and a colossal asshole.

zero, and remove the last word.

Old October 9th 11, 04:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,comp.arch,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Dave Platt

In article ,
Tom Del Rosso wrote:

Wow. A colossal moron and a colossal asshole.

I imagine he even believes he's actually being witty, clever, funny,
etc.

Rather sad, actually.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Old October 11th 11, 04:35 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
FatBytestard[_2_]

Default SkyTard FAILing at hard drive replacement NOT ME THO!

Just swapped my old HD out on my Windows 7/Linux box.

Have: 1.5TB main drive split up into several data drives and one
operating system volume. Windows was fine, but Linux (specifically
Fedora) was reporting "numerous" sectors as "marked bad" by the SMART
facility.

So I bought a new drive:

2 TB Hitachi SATA 3 green drive.

Thought about clonzilla. Even DLd and burned the iso boot disc (debian
based). Then thought "To hell with that!" Linux' NTFS file capabilities
are getting pretty strong, so I'll "see what we'll see... won't we?..."
-Under Siege. I knew that no matter what I did, it would be tricky as
Seagate has cloning applets for their drives when you install them, but
they will NOT let me clone a Seagate onto some other brand. Damn!

So I boot up good old Knoppix 6.7 Live CD. Great piece of work there!

I run 'gparted' and it allows me to initialize the drive and copy each
volume from the 1.5TB drive onto the new 2 TB drive, expanding each.

So my original c: of 90GB became 160GB.

Then, my 2 200 GB drives became 2 250GB drives, and my 500GB drive
stayed the same. I did not copy any of my Linux volumes over, nor the
XOSL boot volume, so I still have over 450GB of as yet completely
unallocated space on the drive.

Next step was the get it to boot windows. so I DETACH the new drive and
go into my system like normal without it, and create a system recovery
disc.

Next, I again shutdown to detach the original drive, attach the new and
boot the recovery disc, and have it repair the boot sector on the new
drive. VIOLA! The drive now boots and it is faster too!. I give a good
hard look at all the copied volumes to insure that they indeed did carry
the data over from the old drive. The I again shutdown, and detach the
new drive, and replace the old drive, and then boot KNOPPIX again. This
time, I erase all the volume labels I had on the drive, and I turn off
the boot flag on the old original C: drive, but I left that volume label
alone, just in case I ran into problems (not sure what my logic was).

ANOTHER shutdown, and re-attach all the drives, and make sure they are
in the desired order in the MOBO BIOS. Reboot. Windows should come up
(IF you did not put any paging files on any of those drives) with all the
drives in the right order, and the old drives at the end. If not, some
drive letter assignment re-hashing must be done in a Disc Management
session.

The, I went one step further, and pointed the MOBO at the old drive,
which still has the XOSL boot loader on it. I should be able to "swap"
them at boot time and still get windows to boot from "C:". Then the old
Linux installs should be a cake walk to get back up again.

VIOLA! No re-installs and no SkyTard level FAIL modes!
Old October 12th 11, 10:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

I replaced two harddisks, still using one of them, and you only replaced one
it seems.

My stuff is working nicely by now.

Your stuff is working because you had windows 7/linux only, while I had
windows xp + windows 7.

In the last situation, windows 7 uses windows xp boot files.

So windows 7 will not boot without the windows xp, which I fixed myself !
nice eh !

So you still have a long way to go before you can match my quality levels !

I have my old drives virtualized by now ! =D

That means I can easily move them in the future !

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Old October 13th 11, 03:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
FatBytestard[_2_]

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 23:52:47 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

I replaced two harddisks, still using one of them, and you only replaced one
it seems.

You do not get to wheel about and act like you had some daunting task,
dumbass.

YOU ****ed up your conversion/changeover. PERIOD.

Learn how to quote, idiot. This is Usenet.