"paper is jammed" "at the transport" error message-Canon Mp830 (false error)

Old August 18th 07, 06:11 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
markm75

Default "paper is jammed" "at the transport" error message-Canon Mp830 (false error)

I keep getting this error every time I print. It tells me there is
paper stuck in the rear section of the printer.. I check, but nothing
is there..

To print I close the front compartment then click ok after first
opening and closing the drawer where the paper is in the front (using
the front loader not the rear in fact). but after every page it says
this.

Has anyone run into this or found a fix?

Thanks

Old August 18th 07, 07:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gel

From Canon Self Help site:

E-mail this solution
Print this solution

Title Print E-mail
How to remove jammed paper (sheet feeder)
Case Id: 40766

Solutions

Follow the procedures below, depending on the situation.

Note:
When the procedures below have been followed, yet paper cannot be
removed, or the paper jam error cannot be resolved, the error may
require repair.

If credit card sized paper is jammed

1. Set the same kind of paper vertically in the sheet feeder.

Note:
Do not set paper in landscape orientation.

2. Power the printer off, and back on again.

3. Paper will be fed and ejected, pushing out the jammed paper.

4. Set paper in the sheet feeder, and press the printer's Resume/
Cancel button to resolve the error.

Note:
When the printer is powered off and then on again, as the print data
sent to the printer is erased, perform printing again.

When paper is jammed during normal printing

-Sheet feeder-

1. Pull out the jammed paper slowly from the sheet feeder, holding the
printer.

Memo:
If the jammed paper cannot be pulled out, power the printer off, and
then on again.
The jammed paper may be ejected.

2. If the jammed paper cannot be removed with the procedures above, or
torn paper remains inside the printer, remove it after opening the top
cover.

3. Set paper in the sheet feeder, and press the printer's Resume/
Cancel button to resolve the error.

Note:
When the printer is powered off and then on again, as the print data
sent to the printer is erased, perform printing again.

-Paper output slot-

1. Pull out the jammed paper slowly from the paper output slot,
holding the printer.

Memo:
If the jammed paper cannot be pulled out, power the printer off, and
then on again.
The jammed paper may be ejected.

2. If the jammed paper cannot be removed with the procedures above, or
torn paper remains inside the printer, remove it after opening the top
cover.

3. Set paper in the sheet feeder, and press the printer's Resume/
Cancel button to resolve the error.

Note:
When the printer is powered off and then on again, as the print data
sent to the printer is erased, perform printing again.

When paper is jammed during duplex printing

-Transport unit-

1. Open the rear cover.

2. Pull out the jammed paper slowly, holding the printer.

Memo:
If the jammed paper cannot be pulled out, power the printer off, and
then on again.
The jammed paper may be ejected.

3. Close the rear cover.

4. Set paper in the sheet feeder, and press the printer's Resume/
Cancel button to resolve the error.

Note:
When the printer is powered off and then on again, as the print data
sent to the printer is erased, perform printing again.

-Duplex transport section-

1. When paper is set in the sheet feeder, remove the paper, and close
the sheet feeder cover.

2. Remove the cassette, and stand the printer with the rear side down.

3. Pull the green cover forward, and while holding the printer, pull
out the jammed paper slowly.

Memo:
After removing the jammed paper, return the printer to the original
position.

4. Install the cassette.

5. Open the paper feeder cover, set paper in the sheet feeder, and
press the printer's Resume/Cancel button to resolve the error.

Last modified date: 19-Jun-07

Did this article answer your question?

Yes

No, show me other possible solutions.

No, contact Canon Tech Support.

© Copyright 2007 | Terms and Conditions

Old August 19th 07, 02:04 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
markm75

On Aug 18, 2:14 pm, Gel wrote:
From Canon Self Help site:

[...]

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Thanks.. but I dont think this applies.. as there is never any paper
in it.. hence at the beginning it says may require repair