Need very loud alarm clock - Nokia 6210 won't do! [O/T]

Old November 16th 03, 03:06 PM
Ivor Jones

"Steve Dulieu" wrote in message

"Lina och Niall" wrote in message

"Reestit Mutton" skrev i meddelandet
I don't need an alarm clock, I have a cat who leaps on my stomach at

4am
demanding food ;-)
Trouble is I can't figure out how to set a later time for her to go

off..!
! Ivor
the requisite amount of crushed up sleeping pills in her evening food
should do the trick. With a little practice and experimentation, you
should eventually get it about right.

You, sir, have obviously never tried feeding pills to a cat.....

In an attempt to save the feline population of the UK from turning into a
bunch of pill addicted zombies lurking on street corners trying to use

meows
and purrs to convey the request "got any gear mate" and hanging around
outside underground stations hassling people for their used travelcards to
sell on to fund their habit, could I suggest to the OP that he tries to

get
hold of a Sony ICF-C50L "Dream Machine" this is LOUD. It has been known to
wake me, the wife, my cats, my neighbour, my neighbour's dog, my

neighbour's
dog's vet...you get the picture. It's a few years old, so may not be made
any more but it's the best alarm clock I've ever had. I do shift work and
since I've had this thing to wake me up I've never missed a shift. (It is
rumoured that it will even wake a student before miday on a Saturday,
although I havn't observed this myself)...:-)

Now if that's true, it *IS* a good alarm ;-))

Ivor

Old November 17th 03, 02:15 AM
tHatDudeUK

"Stefan" wrote in message
My friend uses their Nokia 6210 as an alarm clock.

A TV set on full brightness and full volume with a turn on at a specified
time on an channel with a loud programme/adverts works for me. Lol.... It's
the only reason I have a TV.

Old November 17th 03, 07:12 AM
Thor

Stefan wrote:

Bagpuss wrote:

Alternativly Tescos do a Philips Alarm clock for about £15 which
has dual alarms and even wakes me up.

Can't find it at Tesco's online store.

Do you still have a model number?

So take a couple of leads from the alarm to your scrotum and tape the
there..

Old November 17th 03, 02:11 PM
GB

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Stefan" wrote in message

I don't need an alarm clock, I have a cat who leaps on my stomach at 4am
demanding food ;-)

Our _previous_ cat decided that my toes poking out of the end of the duvet
were worth pouncing on at 6 in the morning. Only trouble is that there is a
sort of knee jerk reaction that kicks in in these circumstances. Kicks is
exactly the right word to describe it. Poor puss.

GB