Please Help! In search of a Packard Bell Master CD# 170210

Old January 28th 11, 05:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Snobrdr000

Default Please Help! In search of a Packard Bell Master CD# 170210

On Jan 25, 6:40*am, metronid wrote:
On Jan 24, 8:36*pm, metronid wrote:

On Jan 24, 8:22*pm, metronid wrote:

On Jan 24, 5:57*am, wrote:

On Jan 19, 8:24*am, Snobrdr000 wrote:

Hello all,

It seems that related posts from others in search of this CD have come
up here a handful of times over the years. *I'm trying to restore my
vintage Packard Bell machine (PB Pro 65CD Supreme) to it's former
glory but am missing the original Master Restore CD ...#170210. *I
still have the original 3.5" floppy to boot the restore from, but lost
the Master CD many years ago and didn't consider that I would ever
need it again ...I obviously underestimated the sentimental attachment
I had to this machine. *Any help (copy or original for sale?) would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards

hi
i still have my packard bell executive 907d P75 corner unit all
original
with all original software installed win95 plus original cd's for the
record
have all software cd's as well that were supplied + Cd's Listed
just incase anyone is looking for a copy
i am replying and puting the info here as it will save me digging them
out
again *still runs ok which reminds me must get a new bios battery
hope this info is of use to someone out their *not used it much for a
while

1x ver1 european /french- english recovery cd pt no 675920300
1x ver2 * " * * * * * * *" * * * * " * * * *recovery cd pt no
676750201
1x Miro Connect 34 Sound Card/Modem Drivers *cd Ver 3.08
1x *" * * * * " * * * *" * Office Suite + Drivers * * * * * cd Ver
2.22

I used to have a copy of all the CD's
I threw most away do to a drastic change in health.
I lost use of fine motor skills in my hands due to an accident
I do have a copy of 170210 or somehing damm close as all the cd in
this series
for win311 are basically identical.
The 170210 had 3 revisions
I can send you a copy
I am 99.99% sure it is the 170210
The CD year is 1994 and is from a legend 10cd
Just a copy as the opriginal sw is gone- Hide quoted text -

Just one added thing.
When I was writing software earlier for PB restore disk
modifications,I also wrote a bios for
the 450MB that sees a 2 gig HD and identifies the manufacturer .
I am not a software writer by nature I just taught myself to some
degree.
I hijack and change existing things and add some new things to it.
It is actually the OEM bios that I modded myself before all the
modders now who post and say nothing
and take 20 or 30 pages to do so.- Hide quoted text -

Hold off for a moment my cd is scratched

My apologies to everybody that has taken the time to respond here; I
had to take a couple of days off ...your efforts are greatly
appreciated. Looks like this project is on hold for the moment. If
anybody is still able to produce a copy of this CD (170210 ...any
relevant revision) I would happily compensate for their time and
resources.

....metronid, sorry to hear about your health. Hope all is well.

Regards,
Old September 30th 13, 11:29 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
[email protected]

On Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:24:34 AM UTC-8, Snobrdr000 wrote:
Hello all,

It seems that related posts from others in search of this CD have come
up here a handful of times over the years. I'm trying to restore my
vintage Packard Bell machine (PB Pro 65CD Supreme) to it's former
glory but am missing the original Master Restore CD ...#170210. I
still have the original 3.5" floppy to boot the restore from, but lost
the Master CD many years ago and didn't consider that I would ever
need it again ...I obviously underestimated the sentimental attachment
I had to this machine. Any help (copy or original for sale?) would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards

You still looking for a master CD. I have one but it is a different number 170586
Old October 2nd 13, 02:21 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
arfer

Location: UK

On Monday, September 30, 2013 11:29:11 PM UTC+1, wrote:
[...]

I was also thinking of breaking the corner unit as its too heavy too post and just offer up the cd sound card/modem etc as need too raise a little cash
Old October 3rd 13, 11:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts[_3_]

Hello..........

"arfer" wrote in message

I was also thinking of breaking the corner unit as its too heavy too post
and just offer up the cd sound card/modem etc as need too raise a little
cash

**************

Am I to understand that you have a Packard Bell Corner Computer ?
Please let me know if that is the case. I would be interested in making you
an offer for it.

bobwatts

Old October 4th 13, 02:44 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
arfer

Location: UK

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:47:15 PM UTC+1, Robert E. Watts wrote:
Hello..........

"arfer" wrote in message

I was also thinking of breaking the corner unit as its too heavy too post

and just offer up the cd sound card/modem etc as need too raise a little

cash

**************

Am I to understand that you have a Packard Bell Corner Computer ?

Please let me know if that is the case. I would be interested in making you

an offer for it.

bobwatts

hi bob long time no hear as you know I am in the uk
yes I have the corner unit no monitor now but it all still works ok at present I can email you a picture if you want its heavy too post is the only problem
Old October 4th 13, 11:18 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts[_3_]

Hello !

Yes, it has been a long time. I look at the ng everyday, but there have been
no messages for many months, and practically none for the last couple of
years.
Forgot that you are in the great country of England. Over here in the
colonies all is not well. :-)
Yes, that is a bit much to post. But you should hang on to it, it's a rare
bird.
I have three, and just might be making a deal to part with one, but it won't
be cheap.
The rest of the PB collection has been cut in half, I have been culling the
herd, but the rarest of the rare is still here.

I *would* appreciate a picture when you get time.

Send to: ten.esuf@sttawbob

( just turn those letters around. My way of defeating the spambots. :-) )

Good to hear from you, and stay the course !

bobwatts
EartH

Old December 31st 13, 02:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
[email protected]

On Sunday, January 23, 2011 4:00:08 PM UTC-5, Robert E. Watts wrote:
Hello

I have flipped through all of my Packard Bell Master Restore CD's, ( almost
70 of them ), and didn't find that number.

What CPU do you have ? Is this an old 486, or Pentium ?

bobwatts
EartH

"Snobrdr000" wrote in message
Hello all,

It seems that related posts from others in search of this CD have come
up here a handful of times over the years. I'm trying to restore my
vintage Packard Bell machine (PB Pro 65CD Supreme) to it's former
glory but am missing the original Master Restore CD ...#170210. I
still have the original 3.5" floppy to boot the restore from, but lost
the Master CD many years ago and didn't consider that I would ever
need it again ...I obviously underestimated the sentimental attachment
I had to this machine. Any help (copy or original for sale?) would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sir,
You state you have 70 restore cd's?I have searched for a while for the 486 platform cd, issued with the '93 Christmas systems.I have two win95 era systems, I would trade either box for JUST an image of that 486 era cd.Let me know.I'll send the model numbers/pix over if interested.
Old December 31st 13, 12:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts[_3_]

Sir,
You state you have 70 restore cd's?I have searched for a while for the 486
platform cd, issued with the '93 Christmas systems.I have two win95 era
systems, I would trade either box for JUST an image of that 486 era cd.Let
me know.I'll send the model numbers/pix over if interested.

*************

Yep, hard to believe I know. I bought a collection many years ago off of
eBay, and had a lot prior to that.
Let me check my box of CD's, and I'll get back to you. It would be helpful
if you knew exactly which CD you were looking for.

bobwatts
EartH

Old January 1st 14, 11:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts[_3_]

Found five CD's that are older than 1995, the newest file on these CD's is
1994.

They all have Win 3.1 or 3.11, and of course various other Packard Bell
restore files.

I *DO* not know if these CD's are specifically for a 486, or what specific
machine these CD's are
for exactly.

bobwatts
EartH

Old January 6th 14, 10:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
[email protected]

On Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:24:34 AM UTC-6, Snobrdr000 wrote:
Hello all,

It seems that related posts from others in search of this CD have come
up here a handful of times over the years. I'm trying to restore my
vintage Packard Bell machine (PB Pro 65CD Supreme) to it's former
glory but am missing the original Master Restore CD ...#170210. I
still have the original 3.5" floppy to boot the restore from, but lost
the Master CD many years ago and didn't consider that I would ever
need it again ...I obviously underestimated the sentimental attachment
I had to this machine. Any help (copy or original for sale?) would be
greatly appreciated

I need some Packard Bell Restore CDs and Diskettes for Windows 95 and 3.11. I am also accepting Vintage Packard Bell Computers. Email me if you have one for me.

Thanks, Anu