Legend 402CD

Old June 21st 09, 04:08 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers[_2_]

Default Legend 402CD

Rescued an incomplete desktop Legend 402CD at the town transfer station
(that's the New England euphamism for town dump) today. No CPU, but
memory. Case incomplete, so pretty useless. Any interest in some of
the parts at the cost of scrap plus shipping? A quick look tells me
this is an early Socket 5. Let me know... Ben Myers
Old June 21st 09, 05:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Hello Ben !

Good to see someone is still "here". :-)

Can't think of anything I need from that. If I saw it laying somewhere I
would pick it up, but it's not worth shipping. ( at least to me, I got about
everything I need, until I think of something I need. )

bob

Old June 22nd 09, 04:48 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers[_2_]

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Rescued an incomplete desktop Legend 402CD at the town transfer station
(that's the New England euphamism for town dump) today. No CPU, but
memory. Case incomplete, so pretty useless. Any interest in some of the
parts at the cost of scrap plus shipping? A quick look tells me this is
an early Socket 5. Let me know... Ben Myers

I would never think that it makes sense to ship the case, but the
motherboard by itself tested and working with CPU, heat sink and memory
may be useful to someone. If not, it goes in a carton of B grade
circuit boards worth about $1.35/lb. A grade boards have gold edge
connectors and are worth $1.65/lb. I collect them and sell them to the
local electronics recycler... Ben
Old June 22nd 09, 12:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

HI Ben !

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
-

I would never think that it makes sense to ship the case, but the
motherboard by itself tested and working with CPU, heat sink and memory
may be useful to someone.

I agree, and I'll take it a step further.....if the case was something I or
anyone needed, it would be very valuable. :-)

Never know when someone might need *anything*.

see you

bob

Old June 29th 09, 01:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
mc

On Jun 20, 11:08*pm, Ben Myers wrote:
Rescued an incomplete desktop Legend 402CD at the town transfer station
(that's the New England euphamism for town dump) today. *No CPU, but
memory. *Case incomplete, so pretty useless. *Any interest in some of
the parts at the cost of scrap plus shipping? *A quick look tells me
this is an early Socket 5. *Let me know... Ben Myers

Ben
I have an old 402cd, so I could use the parts,,
mc
Old June 29th 09, 02:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers[_2_]

mc wrote:
On Jun 20, 11:08 pm, Ben Myers wrote:
Rescued an incomplete desktop Legend 402CD at the town transfer station
(that's the New England euphamism for town dump) today. No CPU, but
memory. Case incomplete, so pretty useless. Any interest in some of
the parts at the cost of scrap plus shipping? A quick look tells me
this is an early Socket 5. Let me know... Ben Myers

Ben
I have an old 402cd, so I could use the parts,,
mc

I need to take a few minutes to test that the motherboard still works.
If it does, I can include a CPU and heat sink. What other parts would
you want? ... Ben
Old June 29th 09, 08:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
mc

On Jun 29, 9:31*am, Ben Myers wrote:
mc wrote:
On Jun 20, 11:08 pm, Ben Myers wrote:
Rescued an incomplete desktop Legend 402CD at the town transfer station
(that's the New England euphamism for town dump) today. *No CPU, but
memory. *Case incomplete, so pretty useless. *Any interest in some of
the parts at the cost of scrap plus shipping? *A quick look tells me
this is an early Socket 5. *Let me know... Ben Myers

Ben
I have an old 402cd, so I could use the parts,,
mc

I need to take a few minutes to test that the motherboard still works.
If it does, I can include a CPU and heat sink. *What other parts would
you want? *... Ben

Anything that seems to work is fine with me such as the floppy or any
internal cards and I could use extra ram...its hard to find ram
mc
Old June 30th 09, 03:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers[_2_]

mc wrote:
On Jun 20, 11:08 pm, Ben Myers wrote:
Rescued an incomplete desktop Legend 402CD at the town transfer station
(that's the New England euphamism for town dump) today. No CPU, but
memory. Case incomplete, so pretty useless. Any interest in some of
the parts at the cost of scrap plus shipping? A quick look tells me
this is an early Socket 5. Let me know... Ben Myers
Ben
I have an old 402cd, so I could use the parts,,
mc

I need to take a few minutes to test that the motherboard still works.
If it does, I can include a CPU and heat sink. What other parts would
you want? ... Ben

Anything that seems to work is fine with me such as the floppy or any
internal cards and I could use extra ram...its hard to find ram
mc

I put a CPU in the socket and the system booted right up into Windows
95, which is on the hard drive. The system is complete with hard drive,
floppy, and original very slow CD-ROM drive, but there is no cover for
the desktop case. There are 2x16MB 72-pin SIMMs. The floppy drive,
hard drive and CD-ROM drive, though all originals, are generic items
which are a dime a dozen or even less. The motherboard is one without
any cache memory, altho the PB600 motherboard diagram on Ray's PB site
shows cache memory present. The stupid motherboard design has a
soldered-on coin-type battery. Fedco sells all sorts of batteries and
probably still has the external type that attaches to the pins shown at
J29 in the board diagram.

Unless you are in a nearby city, town or state, it may cost a bundle to
ship low value parts, so I suggest you take whatever you cannot find
locally. Which town, city, state, province, canton, county, or
prefecture do you live in? We can figure out what is cost-effective to
send to you. Let's take this off-line... Ben

QDI Legend Advance 5/133 [email protected] General 1 February 16th 09 09:59 PM
legend 402 AWM Packard Bell Computers 5 June 17th 08 01:17 AM
Legend 402 cd frank Packard Bell Computers 1 March 28th 05 05:05 PM
Legend 822 CDT 600 MotherBoard. metronid Packard Bell Computers 8 September 2nd 04 10:01 PM
PB Legend 2050 Chris Packard Bell Computers 3 April 22nd 04 05:03 AM