Where can I find firmware for WD harddisks?

Old June 24th 03, 11:17 PM
Folkert Rienstra

Default Where can I find firmware for WD harddisks?

"Bob Willard" wrote in message ...
Ran Chermesh wrote:
Hi,
My pc uses two Western Digital old HDs, AC14300R and AC24300L.
Both firmware may be very old, 220.N132 for the first, 411.R02 - for the
second.
Are there more recent firmwares for these dissks?
Where can I find them?
Is updating the firmware of HDs recommended.
My pc uses win2k pro.

Ran

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Most consumer HDs do not support firmware updates by end users.

Nonsense.

--
Cheers, Bob

Old June 25th 03, 09:49 PM
Michael Hawes

I tried to locate assistance on the Seagate site, and even drafted a
support request. The request was blocked by a comment that Seagate
doesn't supply support for SCSI disks.
If so, where else can I go?

Why did you go to Seagate????? Subject line says WD hardisks, just go
ask Western Digital.

Mike.

---

Old June 25th 03, 11:25 PM
Folkert Rienstra

"Michael Hawes" wrote in message ...
I tried to locate assistance on the Seagate site, and even drafted a
support request. The request was blocked by a comment that Seagate
doesn't supply support for SCSI disks.
If so, where else can I go?

Why did you go to Seagate????? Subject line says WD hardisks, just go
ask Western Digital.

You actually think that Seagate don't support SCSI drives, do you?

Mike.

---

IDE RAID Ted Dawson Asus Motherboards 29 September 21st 04 03:39 AM
Microtek scanner made my PC unusable. Robert Clark Scanners 5 June 22nd 04 10:46 PM
DVD-RW firmware cannot be re-flashed?? Tony Homebuilt PC's 2 April 25th 04 01:01 PM
Optorite 4802 (48x16x48) Firmware Upgradable to 5202? Atari_Addict Cdr 3 August 13th 03 03:28 PM
WinDVD 3/5 sez "Cann't find any cdrom/dvdrom device" - but File Manager can read all files on the drive! A Poster Ati Videocards 1 August 13th 03 11:27 AM