Replace SCSI disk in a HPUX workstation?

Old April 12th 05, 08:35 PM
kalev-

Default Replace SCSI disk in a HPUX workstation?

I'm trying to learn a bit HP-UX on a C360 workstation vintage: yr ~2000. I'm
having trouble with space: only have a (HP) 4GB Seagate Barracuda UW
(40MB/sec interface?) disk in it. Can I successfully replace it with a
larger disk, assuming an UW interface? Should/could even a Ultra/2 or /3
disk work? They should be capable to "move down" to UW as well?
(=40MB/sec).

Then again - the HP/Seagate disk label says firmwa "HP01" which makes me
wonder if the C360 can cope with standard SCSI disks at all.. and if 9GB is
a hard limit, as that was the largest size ever offered

I'm having trouble to even patch the 11.11 OS on this tiny disk..

Ideas/guesses most welcome - if I'm lucky perhaps someone has tried this
already?
Old April 12th 05, 10:14 PM
Lars Bausch

Hello !

kalev- wrote:
I'm trying to learn a bit HP-UX on a C360 workstation vintage: yr ~2000. I'm
having trouble with space: only have a (HP) 4GB Seagate Barracuda UW
(40MB/sec interface?) disk in it. Can I successfully replace it with a
larger disk, assuming an UW interface? Should/could even a Ultra/2 or /3
disk work? They should be capable to "move down" to UW as well?
(=40MB/sec).

Should work.

Then again - the HP/Seagate disk label says firmwa "HP01" which makes me
wonder if the C360 can cope with standard SCSI disks at all.. and if 9GB is
a hard limit, as that was the largest size ever offered

Normaly, you can use all SCSI Disks in the C360.
I am using differnent non HP firmware disks across all my machines.

I'm having trouble to even patch the 11.11 OS on this tiny disk..

You mean on the 4 GB disk ? - Yes, 4 GB is much less for 11.11.

Lars

Old April 13th 05, 03:25 PM
kalev-

Lars Bausch wrote:

Normaly, you can use all SCSI Disks in the C360.
I am using differnent non HP firmware disks across all my machines.

I'm having trouble to even patch the 11.11 OS on this tiny disk..

You mean on the 4 GB disk ? - Yes, 4 GB is much less for 11.11.

Lars

Lars, thanks for the good news!

--
Every day above ground is a good day