Dell Desktops at eBay

Old February 27th 08, 10:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Grinder

Default Dell Desktops at eBay

Why is it that 3/4 of all of the desktops up at eBay are Dells?
Old February 27th 08, 11:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Brian Cryer

"Grinder" wrote in message
Why is it that 3/4 of all of the desktops up at eBay are Dells?

I've not looked but are most of these being sold off from corporations who
have upgraded?
--
Brian Cryer
www.cryer.co.uk/brian

Old February 27th 08, 01:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

"Grinder" wrote in message
Why is it that 3/4 of all of the desktops up at eBay are Dells?

So why do you care? Whining that they don't carry Toshiba, HP, or
whatever you happen to want in a brand name?

Old February 27th 08, 04:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
pcbldrNinetyEight

Grinder wrote in

Why is it that 3/4 of all of the desktops up at eBay are Dells?

I place the same value on ebay as I do on a flea market. I might buy a
used toaster for fifty cents but that's as far as I'll go. YMMV

--
pcbldrNinetyEight
Old February 27th 08, 04:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT

"pcbldrNinetyEight" pcbldrninetyeight.com wrote in message
4...
Grinder wrote in

Why is it that 3/4 of all of the desktops up at eBay are Dells?

I place the same value on ebay as I do on a flea market. I might buy a
used toaster for fifty cents but that's as far as I'll go. YMMV

Especially as the eBay Dells are more expensive than direct from Dell - See
Dell Outlet store!

Old February 27th 08, 08:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Grinder

VanguardLH wrote:
"Grinder" wrote in message
Why is it that 3/4 of all of the desktops up at eBay are Dells?

So why do you care? Whining that they don't carry Toshiba, HP, or
whatever you happen to want in a brand name?

No, just curious. Have some coffee.
Old February 27th 08, 08:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

"Grinder" wrote in message
VanguardLH wrote:
"Grinder" wrote in message
Why is it that 3/4 of all of the desktops up at eBay are Dells?

So why do you care? Whining that they don't carry Toshiba, HP, or
whatever you happen to want in a brand name?

No, just curious. Have some coffee.

Okay, a trivial post.
And the basis for your claimed statistic was?

Old February 28th 08, 05:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Brian Cryer

"GT" wrote in message
"pcbldrNinetyEight" pcbldrninetyeight.com wrote in message
4...
Grinder wrote in

Why is it that 3/4 of all of the desktops up at eBay are Dells?

I place the same value on ebay as I do on a flea market. I might buy a
used toaster for fifty cents but that's as far as I'll go. YMMV

Especially as the eBay Dells are more expensive than direct from Dell -
See Dell Outlet store!

Its a good observation and applies to many other things too. Its always
worth checking the current retail price of items since quite a number of
sellers sell stuff for more than you could go out and buy it new.
--
Brian Cryer
www.cryer.co.uk/brian