Another Bite Da Dust - Who's Next

Old June 17th 05, 09:31 PM
measekite

Default Another Bite Da Dust - Who's Next

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...pcworld/121430
Old June 17th 05, 09:52 PM
Anna Daptor

"measekite" wrote in message
m...
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...pcworld/121430

"It's important to send a message out that we [Epson] are serious about
defending our intellectual property and also protecting fair competition,"
he says. "We believe in respecting other people's intellectual property and
we expect other people to respect ours and so we'd like to send that
message."

Oh dear. How long before most if not all the other 3rd party ink cart
manufacturers pull out of the market? Do Epson really believe the people who
now are using 3rd party inks would switch to using Epson inks?

They'd be in for a big shock if that is their idea....

Old June 17th 05, 10:11 PM
Frank

measekite wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...pcworld/121430

Who's next? Well you idiot if you'd bother to try and read and then
understand you wouldn't be asking such a stupid question.

Frank

Old June 17th 05, 11:20 PM
Taliesyn

measekite wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...pcworld/121430

The complaints against this one manufacturer are related largely to
dot-matrix printers, according to the article.

-Taliesyn (last used a dot matrix last century ;-)

Old June 17th 05, 11:42 PM
zakezuke

The complaints against this one manufacturer are related largely to
dot-matrix printers, according to the article.

I thought I remembered the name "PrintRite" IIRC I used their ribbons
in my Star NX-1000 rainbow dot matrix. The store that carried the OEM
version must have kept them on the shelf too long and they were very
dry. But a slightly cheaper brand at a local office store looked very
decent.

Old June 18th 05, 12:09 AM
Taliesyn

zakezuke wrote:
The complaints against this one manufacturer are related largely to
dot-matrix printers, according to the article.

I thought I remembered the name "PrintRite" IIRC I used their ribbons
in my Star NX-1000 rainbow dot matrix. The store that carried the OEM
version must have kept them on the shelf too long and they were very
dry. But a slightly cheaper brand at a local office store looked very
decent.

Did the NX-1000 use the cartridge that was about a foot long?

Maybe I used PrintRites in my Star NX-2430, which was about twice the
price of something like a Canon iP4000 today. It used very nice sized
cartridges, kind of square looking with a peak for the ribbon. We also
had a Fujitsu with ultra-ridiculously small ribbon cartridges. They
would be virtually dry after a few dozen pages. Naturally, I re-inked
all my ribbon cartridges even then. At the time I was writing a sci-fi
novel and had to print several 400 page copies for my friends. I had
about 10 NX-2430 ribbon cartridges re-inked and stabilized for a week
for the print job which took several days. Those NX-2430 printers could
take a beating and keep on printing (sorry, Timex, I borrowed your old
slogan). Today's printers produce far better printout but are also more
prone to failure, either mechanical or printhead.

So Epson is going after dot-matrix ribbon cartridge makers? Isn't that
a bit late - like 15 years too late?

-Taliesyn
Old June 18th 05, 12:37 AM
Anna Daptor

"Taliesyn" wrote in message
So Epson is going after dot-matrix ribbon cartridge makers? Isn't that
a bit late - like 15 years too late?

Print-rite do inkjet carts too http://www.print-rite.com/ (assuming that's
the same company).

.. o O (......hmm.. a branded 3rd party manufacturer.....)

...and I've just noticed they also make a 'Bottom Fill Station' - the mind
boggles.

Old June 18th 05, 12:47 AM
measekite

Anna Daptor wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
om...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...pcworld/121430

"It's important to send a message out that we [Epson] are serious about
defending our intellectual property and also protecting fair competition,"
he says. "We believe in respecting other people's intellectual property and
we expect other people to respect ours and so we'd like to send that
message."

Oh dear. How long before most if not all the other 3rd party ink cart
manufacturers pull out of the market? Do Epson really believe the people who
now are using 3rd party inks would switch to using Epson inks?

They'd be in for a big shock if that is their idea....

MOST OF THEM ARE WAITING FOR THE MOTHER OF ALL CLOGS. THEN THEY STILL
WILL NOT SWITCH TO EPSON. THEY WILL GO BUY A CANON AND AFTER THEY CLOG
UP A PRINTHEAD OR TWO THEY WILL THEN GO TO HP AND THINK THE CARTS ARE CHEAP.

Old June 18th 05, 12:50 AM
Frank

measekite wrote:

MOST OF THEM ARE WAITING FOR THE MOTHER OF ALL CLOGS. THEN THEY STILL
WILL NOT SWITCH TO EPSON. THEY WILL GO BUY A CANON AND AFTER THEY CLOG
UP A PRINTHEAD OR TWO THEY WILL THEN GO TO HP AND THINK THE CARTS ARE
CHEAP.

Stop yelling you big eared schmuck!
hahahaha...
Frank
Old June 18th 05, 12:52 AM
Anna Daptor

"measekite" wrote in message
m...

Anna Daptor wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
. com...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...pcworld/121430

"It's important to send a message out that we [Epson] are serious about
defending our intellectual property and also protecting fair competition,"
he says. "We believe in respecting other people's intellectual property
and we expect other people to respect ours and so we'd like to send that
message."

Oh dear. How long before most if not all the other 3rd party ink cart
manufacturers pull out of the market? Do Epson really believe the people
who now are using 3rd party inks would switch to using Epson inks?

They'd be in for a big shock if that is their idea....

MOST OF THEM ARE WAITING FOR THE MOTHER OF ALL CLOGS. THEN THEY STILL
WILL NOT SWITCH TO EPSON. THEY WILL GO BUY A CANON AND AFTER THEY CLOG UP
A PRINTHEAD OR TWO THEY WILL THEN GO TO HP AND THINK THE CARTS ARE CHEAP.

Huh? Any chance of a translation on that - preferably into a sentence that
actually makes sense.